Epiphone Embassy Bass, Sparkling Burgundy
The Epiphone Embassy Bass was first introduced in 1963 and has been a firm favourite among players ever since, thanks to the vintage looks and powerful humbuckers. Epiphone has recreated this classic model and added some improvements that the modern-day player demands.
The Epiphone Embassy has an asymmetrical double-cutaway Mahogany body for easy access to the upper frets, and have improved the balance by shortening the lower horn and slightly increasing the upper horn length making it easy to play for hours. There’s also a set-in mahogany neck with a 34” scale length and comfortable ‘C’-shaped profile, topped with a 20 fret Indian laurel fretboard, and a Historic Bass Tune-O-Matic bridge with Historic Claw tailpiece to complete the vintage look.
For pickups, it has two ProBucker Bass 760 humbuckers, which replicate the original Gibson mid-60s Thunderbird pickups, with barrel-style Master Volume, Tone, and Blend control knobs to give you tons of tonal options, delivering the classic P.A.F. sound with a warm low end.
To complete the Epiphone Embassy Bass are die-cast clover button tuners, a white pickguard, nickel hardware and a classic Sparkling Burgundy finish to complete the vintage look.
Ever since it was first introduced in 1963 the Epiphone Embassy Bass has been a player favorite, and now it’s back and better than ever. Featuring an asymmetrical solid mahogany double-cutaway body, a 34" scale mahogany neck capped with an Indian laurel fretboard with 20 medium jumbo frets, a 2 x 2 headstock design for improved balance, and a pair of powerful ProBucker™ 760 humbucking pickups, along with master volume and tone controls, as well as a pickup blend knob for outstanding tonal versatility.
- Body Shape: Epiphone Embassy asymmetrical double cutaway
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Medium C
- Scale Length: 34" / 863.6mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.01"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Imitation Bone
- Nut Width: 1.63" / 41.275mm
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Joint: Glued in, Set Neck
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Historic Bass Tune-O-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Historic Claw
- Tuning Machines: Die Cast - Clover buttons
- Pickguard: Black - White on Graphite Black model
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 3-ply Epiphone bullet with E logo
- Control Knobs: Epiphone Historic Barrel knobs with metal inserts
- Strap Buttons: 2 - bottom and tip of upper horn
- Mounting Rings: Metal - Nickel plated
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker™ Bass 760 Neck
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker™ Bass 760 Bridge
- Controls: Volume, Blend, Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings Gauge: .045, .065, .085, .105
- Case: Optional (940-EMBCS)