Epiphone Emperor Swingster (Translucent Orange)
The Epiphone Emperor Swingster truly makes you swing Like a Pro! Epiphone have always been known for making some of the best and most innovative hollow-body and semi-acoustic guitars, and with the Emperor Swingster Epiphone conjures up some of its historic past. This guitar turns a former Epiphone design into a new, twangin', rock-a-billy slingin', country flingin' machine!
It has a hand-scalloped arched Spruce top with laminated Maple body and Hard Maple neck. At the core of this guitar are Epiphone's new SwingBucker pick-ups, with a series/parallel switching harness that's totally class-leading. These pick-up feature old-school AlNiCo-V magnets with overwound coils and enamel wire, and with the switching system they can go anywhere from single-coil quack, to warm and chunky humbucker.
As you might expect, the Swingster includes a Bigsby, in this case a Bigsby Licensed B30 with "wire" handle. The kind of "handle" preferred by the CGP himself, Chet Atkins. But that's not the end of is... Epiphone's also thought to add a pinned tune-o-matic bridge with roller saddles for smooth operation, so this a trem that ready and available for judicious use without that fear of everything going pear-shaped...
Epiphone's trademark, multi-bound headstock with classic mother-of-pearl "vine" inlay, Grover tuners and a multi-bound, 20 fret Rosewood fingerboard with block inlays round out the package.
Can you dig the Emperor Swingster?? Oh yeah!
Call GAK now for semi-acoustic and jazz guitar info, advice and the UK's best deals - 01273 665400
- Top Material: Select Spruce- Arched with hand-scalloped bracing and sound post
- Back Material: Laminated Maple
- Side Material: Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: 3-pc Hard Maple
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl Block inlays
- Bridge Pickup: SwingBucker™ Plus
- Neck Pickup: SwingBucker™
- -Bridge Volume
- -Neck Volume
- -Bridge Tone with push-pull series/parallel
- -Neck Tone with push-pull series/parallel
- -3-way pickup selector (toggle)
- -Headstock - 5 ply
- -Neck - 5 ply
- -Body - 5 ply
- -F holes - 1 ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: "Pinned" Rosewood base with roller saddle tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Licensed Bigsby™ B30 Vibrato with wire handle
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover™ 16:1 ratio