Epiphone 1958 Gothic Explorer
The Epiphone Explorer 1958 Gothic is based upon Gibson's very successful "Gothic" line, the Epiphone Goth Collection features a satin black finish and black hardware for an absolutely dark look. Add to that, a Roman numeral "XII" inlay at the 12th fret and Alnico Classic exposed-coil humbuckers and you've got guitars guaranteed to wake the dead!
Here's what Epiphone have to say about it themselves...
The Goth ’58 Explorer puts a new twist on a vintage favourite with a Pitch Black colour finish to become the dark knight of our Goth collection. With its angular, asymmetrical body and pointed headstock, the legendary Explorer was light years ahead of its time when it was first introduced in 1958. In fact, the Explorer was such a radical departure that only around 100 of the famed instruments were produced at the legendary Kalamazoo factory. What few originals remain are now highly prized collectibles selling for $500,000. Now, Epiphone brings back the one-of-a-kind legend with a whole new look.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Body: mahogany
- Neck: mahogany
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper™ “D” profile
- Scale: 24.75
- Nut: 1.68
- Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic™ humbucker
- Bridge Pickups: Alnico Classic™ humbucker
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, and Master Tone with full-size 500K O potentiometers.
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: StopBar
- Tuners: Premium die-cast 14:1
- Colour: Pitch Black (PB)
- Typical: Weight (+/- 5%) 7.9 lbs
- Strings: D’Addario® 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46