Epiphone Inspired by Gibson ES-335, Vintage Sunburst
Overview by GAK
With Epiphone’s “Inspired by Gibson” ES-335, owning a stunning archtop with a sound that punches far above its weight is more attainable than ever. With rock-solid tuning and intonation provided by the Graph Tech NuBone nut and high-quality Grover Rotomatic tuners, a warm, juicy tone from the Alnico Classic Pro humbucking pickups, Epiphone’s innovative LockTone bridge and an eminently playable rounded C-shape neck - the “Inspired by Gibson” ES-335 feels and - most importantly - sounds like a premium instrument.
Boasting a beautifully resonant layered maple top/back/sides construction with a feedback busting, sustain boosting solid maple centre block - you know this ES-335 has quality exactly where it counts. From Larry Carlton to Cream-era Clapton, this is a versatile guitar that can deliver a legendary tone at a price that won’t break the bank.
For those who are looking for an extra touch of luxury, you can upgrade to one of the Figured variants that boast block inlays and a flame veneer maple top and back - which come in either a bold Blueberry Burst or regal Raspberry Tea Burst.
Overview by Epiphone
The Epiphone “Inspired by Gibson” ES-335 Figured honours the immortal ES-335, the thin semi-hollow archtop that brought archtop class to the rock era. Featuring a solid maple center block for added sustain and feedback resistance, Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers, Grover Rotomatic tuners, and a flame maple veneer top and back in stunning Blueberry Burst and Raspberry Tea Burst gloss finishes that are sure to turn heads. Optional hardshell or EpiLite case available separately.
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Rounded C
- Scale Length 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width 1.693"
- End of Board Width 2.239"
- Inlays Dot
- Joint Glued in; Set Neck
- Body Shape ES-335
- Body Material Layered Maple
- Top Layered Maple
- Back Layered Maple
- Side Layered Maple
- Centerblock Maple
- Binding Single ply cream - top, back and fretboard
- Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece LockTone Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Epiphone Deluxe
- Pickguard Gibson ES-335 Shape, Black, 5-ply
- TrussRod Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover 2-ply Bell
- Control Knobs Black Top Hat knobs with metal inserts
- Switch Tip Cream cap
- Plastic Parts Black; PVC
- Strap Buttons 2 - bottom and back of heel
- Mounting Rings Black; PVC
- Neck Pickup Alnico Classic PRO
- Bridge Pickup Alnico Classic PRO
- Controls 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS potentiometers
- Pickup Selector 3-way toggle
- Output Jack Standard Epiphone
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046