Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO, Ebony
The Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO is Epiphone's take on the original "Tuxedo" Les Paul. Updated with Epiphone's ProBucker Pickups and Coil-Taps for ultimate tone and amazing versatility!
The Les Paul Custom followed the original Les Paul Goldtop and came into being in 1954 and was originally intended to cement the solid-body guitar as something that was beyond just being a fashion. Given that the Les Paul Custom is still in production, it appears to have done this job admirably. The Les Paul Custom was also originally intended to match well with a tux - hence it's nickname - but went further and developed into one of the most recognisable and classic guitars ever designed.
The Les Paul Custom PRO's new Epiphone's ProBucker pickups, with their 4-wire design and coil-tapping are directly inspired by Gibson's now legendary BurstBuckers. These ProBuckers recreate the sound of the much lusted after original hand-wound Seth Lover designed "PAF" humbuckers. They include many of the same components as these originals and the newer BurstBuckers. Key parts of this spec include Alnico II magnets, Elektrisola magnet wire, 18% nickel silver unit bases, covers, and pole screws, and slugs and bobbins made to the aged specs. This Les Paul Custom PRO includes a ProBucker-2 at the neck and a ProBucker-3 at the bridge - both of are a little overwound for great tone at higher volumes when you're pushing it.
The Les Paul Custom is an absolute classic and Epiphone's newest take on it adds some amazing pick-ups at the sort of price a Les Paul Custom this good has never been available for before. Try one out today at GAK.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info and advice and the deals on guitars, amps, and effects - 01273 665400
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Maple Veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl BLOCK inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2™ ; 4-wire
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3™ ; 4-wire
- - Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector
- - Neck Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- - Bridge Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- - Neck Pickup Tone
- - Bridge Pickup Tone
- - Body Top - 5 ply (White/Black)
- - Body Black - 5 ply (White/Black)
- - Fingerboard - 1 ply (White)
- - Headstock - 5 ply (White/Black)
- - Body - 1 ply (cream)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Tuners; 14:1 ratio