Epiphone Les Paul SL, Turquoise
Epiphone Les Paul SL Overview by GAK:
Brand new for 2017 is the Les Paul SL- the most affordable twin pickup Les Paul ever made! Legendary Epiphone quality combines with a funky new design and a combination of traditional vintage-inspired 'worn' finishes and bold new 'gloss' colour options. So the SL has a slimline Poplar body- a popular tonewood. The bolt-on Mahogany neck has the usual LP 24.5" scale length and a great-feeling slim taper 'D' back shape with a Rosewood composite fingerboard. There's a '60s era gold 'Epiphone' logo on the classic 'clipped ear' headstock.
Now we are sure that Les Paul himself would have approved of the electronics on the SL- he was a fan of single-coil pickups on his guitars! The 650SCR neck pickup and slightly overwound 700SCT bridge pickup both feature ceramic magnets to give the 'oomph' needed to cut through. A three-way toggle switch and single master volume and tone controls keep it nice and simple. Hardware wise there's a set of premium covered 14:1 ratio machineheads and a wrap-around stopbar bridge. Includes the two year Epiphone factory warranty.
- Body: Poplar
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bell" shaped; 2-layer; "SL" in white
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood Composite
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone 650SCR™ Ceramic Single-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 700SCT™ Ceramic Single-Coil
- -3-way Pickup Selector
- -Master Volume
- -Master Tone
- Knobs: Black ABS Top Hat knobs
- Headstock: Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Les Paul Model" in gold; "Epiphone" logo in silver
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Adjustable, Intonated "Wrap Around" Stopbar Combo
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Premium covered 14:1 ratio machineheads