Epiphone Les Paul SL, Vintage Worn Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Epiphone Les Paul SL Overview by GAK:
Brand new for 2017 is the Les Paul SL- the most affordable twin pickup Les Paul ever made! Legendary Epiphone quality combines with a funky new design and a combination of traditional vintage-inspired 'worn' finishes and bold new 'gloss' colour options. So the SL has a slimline Poplar body- a popular tonewood. The bolt-on Mahogany neck has the usual LP 24.5" scale length and a great-feeling slim taper 'D' back shape with a Rosewood composite fingerboard. There's a '60s era gold 'Epiphone' logo on the classic 'clipped ear' headstock.
Now we are sure the Les Paul himself would have approved of the electronics on the SL- he was a fan of single-coil pickups on his guitars! The 650SCR neck pickup and slightly overwound 700SCT bridge pickup both feature ceramic magnets to give the 'oomph' needed to cut through. A three-way toggle switch and single master volume and tone controls keep it nice and simple. Hardware wise there's a set of premium covered 14:1 ratio machineheads and a wrap-around stopbar bridge. Includes the two year Epiphone factory warranty.
- Body: Poplar
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bell" shaped; 2-layer; "SL" in white
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood Composite
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone 650SCR™ Ceramic Single-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 700SCT™ Ceramic Single-Coil
- -3-way Pickup Selector
- -Master Volume
- -Master Tone
- Knobs: Black ABS Top Hat knobs
- Headstock: Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Les Paul Model" in gold; "Epiphone" logo in silver
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Adjustable, Intonated "Wrap Around" Stopbar Combo
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Premium covered 14:1 ratio machineheads
Fantastic guitar for my daughters first. Can not fault this for the price
the guitar for the price and quality is excellent
Even the most basic Epiphone model outshines the competition at the same price level. I was surprised at how good it actually is - purchased as a project guitar but I'm actually considering buying another and just leaving it "as is"