Epiphone Les Paul Studio, Turquoise
Epiphone’s Les Paul Studio is the modern version of the 80s classic originally intended for studio musicians and players seeking the classic Les Paul sound with no frills and less weight than the Les Paul Standard. The Les Paul Studio has a Mahogany body with a plain Maple Veneer top and a black pickguard. The Mahogany neck has a 1960's SlimTaper™ ‘D’ profile with a 24.75” scale length, a Pau Ferro fingerboard with Pearloid "Dot" Inlays, 22 medium jumbo frets, and a 12” fingerboard radius. The Epiphone "Clipped Ear” headstock has the Epiphone logo in Pearloid and ‘Les Paul Model’ in Gold silkprint. The cover for the adjustable truss rod also has ‘Studio’ printed in white silkprint.
The Les Paul Studio is powered by two Alnico Classic™ Open-Coil (black) humbuckers made with Alnico-V magnets, which provide a slightly higher output than vintage pickups and also have enhanced mids and highs. Each pickup has a Volume and Tone control with vintage-styled ‘Black Speed’ knobs plus Epiphone’s all-metal 3-way pickup selector switch. Epiphone Alnico Classics utilize a double vacuum waxing process that ensures you quiet operation free from microphonic hum. The pickup is first placed in a specialized wax vacuuming system before the cover is placed on the unit to ensure that the wax fully penetrates to the very center of the pickup and solidifies all parts. After the cover is placed on, the pickup is given a second vacuum wax bath until the unit is completely saturated. Epiphone uses only the highest quality parts for our pickups including ABS plastic bobbins, 1010 Cold Rolled Steel pole shoes and pole screws, Alnico magnets and the finest magnet wire available. The Les Paul Studio comes with Epiphone’s famous LockToneTM Bridge and Stopbar tailpiece combo for greater sustain and easy intonation along with Grover™ machine heads with an 18:1 turning ratio plus Epiphone’s Non-Rotating ¼” output jack.
- Body: Mahogany
- Top: Plain Maple Veneer
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro with Pearloid "Dot" Inlays
- Headstock: Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid, "Les Paul Model" in Gold silkprint
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply (B/W); "Studio" in white silkprint
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic™ Humbucker; Open-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic Plus™ Humbucker; Open-Coil
- -Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector
- -Neck Pickup Volume
- -Bridge Pickup Volume
- -Neck Pickup Tone
- -Bridge Pickup Tone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Tuners; 18:1 ratio
- Output Jack: Epiphone 1/4' Non-Rotating Jack Plate