Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Outfit, Black Cherry
The Epiphone's Les Paul Tribute Plus is Epiphone's premium Les Paul model and offers the serious player all the performance they need both on the road and in the studio. The Tribute Plus features a gorgeous AAA Flame Maple top and trans finishes that show it off beautifully! In Epiphone's own words the Les Paul Tribute Plus gives you their "as good as it gets performance and features with legendary Epiphone quality and value".
Les Paul Tribute Pluses feature solid Mahogany bodies with solid, carved hard Maple caps (with Flame Maple veneers) to create the true, classic Les Paul tone we all know and love. The Tribute Plus even has the original "deep set" neck joint, as used, but since modified, on the '50s Les Pauls. The solid Mahogany neck joint extends deep into the neck pickup cavity giving maximum neck-to-body contact and makes the neck and body function mare as if they were a single piece of wood. This guitar is a great tribute to Les Paul's timeless original guitar design.
The solid mahogany neck is a comfortable D SlimTaper profile that was made famous back in the 1960's era on the Kalamazoo-made guitars from Gibson. It's thick enough to provide the stability and tone you want but thin enough comfort and speed.
Where the Les Paul Tribute really comes into its own is the pair of authentic Gibson USA '57 Classic humbuckers. With "Patent Applied For" decals on the base plates, the '57 Classic (neck) and '57 Classic Plus (bridge) are faithful replicas of the famous Gibson humbuckers that helped define the music of the late 1950s. The '57 Classics are warm, subtle, and full, with an even response that doesn't hold back when you want to push it and make things a little crunchy. The '57 Classic Pluses feature Gibson's special Alnico II magnet, vintage enamel coated wire, nickel plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers vintage-style, braided wiring and the Classic Plus is also a little overwound, to get you a little bit of that 'special sauce' every time you need it.
They're even wired up with 4-conductor pickup wiring, meaning you get coil-tapping, adding to this guitars awesome tonal palette. But it doesn't stop with the pick-ups. Other uprated specs include a U.S. Switchcraft 3-way toggle, Mallory-150 tone capacitors, Epiphone StrapLocks, 16:1 ratio premium Grover locking tuners and a hard case.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the UK's best deals - 01273 665400
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Carved Hard Maple with AAA Flame Maple veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape Options: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: "Vintage "Deep-Set", Glued-In"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl Trapezoid inlays
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA '57 Classic™ Humbucker (4-wire)
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA '57 Classic Plus™ Humbucker (4-wire)
- Controls: Switchcraft™ 3-way Pickup Selector, positions:
- - Neck Pickup Volume
- - Bridge Pickup Volume
- - Neck Pickup Tone (push/pull - series/parallel)
- - Bridge Pickup Tone (push/pull - series/parallel)
- Electronics: Mallory-150 tone capacitors
- Binding: Fingerboard - 1 ply (cream), Body - 1 ply (cream)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Locking Tuners
- Includes: Fitted Epiphone Hard Case