Epiphone AJ-220SCE (Ebony)
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE might just be one of the best value in the electro-acoustic guitars in the industry today. The AJ-220SCE carries on Epiphone's tradition of unequalled quality and performance for far less than we anticipate.
The Advance Jumbo (AJ) was originally introduced back in '36 by Gibson and has a one-inch wider 16" lower bout, rounded or sloped shoulder dreadnought shape and a 25.5" scale length. Often referred to as an "acoustic cannon", the AJ shape is seriously powerful.
The AJ-220SCE has a very focused and balanced tone. The bass is deep, rich and loud while the highs have a crispness and brilliance that cuts through. Most noticeable however, is the clear mid-range that's never muddy like the typical square-shouldered dreadnought. Whilst this is something of a "cannon" it's also often described as the perfect instrument for the soloist or singer/songwriter and has a tone that blends with vocals.
The AJ-220SCE is constructed throughout with premium materials and traditional construction methods. The top is solid Sitka Spruce and sounds great right out of the box, whilst also actually improving as it ages. The back and sides made of select Mahogany fitted to a solid Mahogany neck. For great stability, tone and sustain, the neck is glued into the body using TiteBond glue and a traditional dovetail neck joint.
Call GAK now for Epiphone electro-acoustic info and advice and the UK deals on guitars, amps and effects - 01273 665400
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spuce
- Body Material: Select Mahogany
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany with satin finish
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™ D-Shape
- Neck Joint: Dovetail; Glued-In
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with "Dot" inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Trussrod: Adjustable via headstock
- Frets: 20; medium/jumbo
- -6-Layer body; Front
- -1-Layer; Fingerboard
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Sealed, Die-cast; 14:1 Ratio
- Bridge Pickup: NanoFlex™ low-impedance pickup
- Controls: Shadow Performer Tuner™ Preamp
- -Master Volume
- -Phase (feedback cancellation)
- -Treble EQ
- -Bass EQ
- -Tuner/Mute Button
- -Built-in Chromatic Tuner
- Power: Two 2032 Lithium Batteries
- Bridge: Solid Rosewood; Reverse-belly
- Saddle: Compensated; PVC
- Pickguard: Simulated Tortoise with metal "E"
- Output Jack: Metal Endpin Jack with 1/4" output
- Strap Buttons: Yes