Epiphone Limited Edition Joe Bonamassa 1958 'Amos' Korina Flying-V Outfit
Epiphone Product Overview
The Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V Outfit is Bonamassa’s fifth custom Epiphone signature model and honors one of his most cherished vintage guitars, the rare “Amos” Flying V, one of the first of only 91 Flying Vs produced in 1958. Featuring Epiphone ProBuckerTM pickups, CTSTM electronics, a LockTone ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, and a 50s style Flying-V case along with a hand-signed certificate of authenticity.
Joe Bonamassa is not only one of the greatest guitarists of his generation, but is also recognized as one of the most knowledgeable collectors of vintage guitars. The new Ltd. Ed. 1958 “Amos” Korina Flying-V Outfit is based on Bonamassa’s priceless original Flying-V first purchased by Arthur Amos’s music store in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1958. Bonamassa worked closely with Epiphone’s luthiers in Nashville to ensure that every detail of the original was reproduced accurately.
The new Epiphone Ltd. Ed. 1958 “Amos” has a body and neck made from tone rich Korina (African Limba) wood and has a Rounded C-1958 neck profile measured from Bonamassa’s original vintage guitar. The 5-layer black and white pickguard is also cut to the same specs as his vintage Flying-V. The neck is glued to the body with a deep-set neck joint and has a FSC Certified Blackwood fretboard with a 24.75” scale, 22 medium jumbo frets, and a 12” radius. The neck has an adjustable truss rod with a gold plated “Amos Arthur” engraving on the cover. The headstock has the classic Flying-V profile with a raised "Epiphone" logo.
Joe Bonamassa is a big fan of Epiphone’s critically acclaimed ProBucker pickups, which accurately re-create the tone of first generation humbuckers found in late 50s Les Pauls, 335s, and Flying-Vs. ProBucker pickups feature the same components and materials as vintage humbuckers including sand cast Alnico II magnets, 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, and high quality 4 conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker humbucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics. Controls include our USA designed, heavy-duty 3-way pickup selector with an Amber toggle cap and volume controls for the bridge and neck along with a master tone. All controls have CTS potentiometers and Black “Top Hat” Knobs.
The Ltd. Ed. 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V comes with period correct gold hardware including a 1958-style "V" metal plate tailpiece mounted with Escutcheon nails along with a LockTone ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge. A late 50s period correct hard case is included along with a Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Joe Bonamassa in a presentation binder.
- Body Material: Korina (African Limba)
- Neck Material: Korina (African Limba)
- Neck Profile: Rounded-C 1958 profile
- Nut: Synthetic: Bone
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-set Neck Joint
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Gold Plated Metal: "Amos Arthur" engraving
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Blackwood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Headstock: Traditional Flying-V with raised "Epiphone" logo
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3
- Controls: 3-way pickup selector with Amber toggle cap, Bridge Volume; CTS potentiometer, Neck Volume; CTS potentiometer, Master Tone; CTS potentiometer
- Binding: None
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone ABR-1 Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: String-Thru Body; 1958 "V" metal plate mounted with original-style Escutcheon: nails
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Pickguard: 4-layer; (B/W/B/W)
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-duty 1/4"
- Output Jack Plate: 4-layer; (w/B/W/B)
- Machine Heads: Epiphone "Deluxe" Tuners with Tulip buttons; 18:1 ratio
- Knobs: Black "Top Hat" knobs