Epiphone Limited Edition Johnny A. Custom, Sunset Glow
Epiphone Limited Edition Johnny A. Custom Overview by GAK:
Epiphone presents the Limited Edition Johnny A. Custom Outfit, the premier signature archtop by renowned guitarist, singer, and bandleader Johnny A. Featuring Johnny A’s custom double-cutaway design in a Sunset Glow gloss finish, plus Gibson ’57 Classic humbuckers, genuine Ebony Fretboard, Bigsby® B70 Vibrato, and hard case.
The Ltd. Ed. Johnny A. Custom Outfit features a thinline style semi-hollow Mahogany body with a beautiful Flame Maple top finished in Sunset Glow. The Johnny A. Custom is easily recognized by its double cutaway and features modern non-script “f-holes” with a matching black pickguard. The body of the Johnny A. has 5-layer white and black (pure white/black) on the top and 3-play binding on the back. The Mahogany neck has a Custom “C” profile with 3-ply pure white and black binding. The Ebony fretboard includes Johnny’s unique pearloid inlay and has a 12” radius with 22 medium frets and 1.69” nut. The bound headstock has an Epiphone logo in pearloid along with a custom "Johnny A." in pearloid.
The Ltd. Ed. Johnny A. Custom Outfit is powered by Gibson '57 Classic Humbuckers, which are based on Gibson’s legendary hand-wound “Les Paul Standard” humbuckers from the late 50s. Today, those rare pickups are recognized by collectors by the black “Patent Applied For” sticker on the back, applied at the factory. Today’s new Gibson 57TM Classic humbuckers are made with the same Alnico II magnets as the originals (plus a reproduction of the “Patent Applied For” sticker!) and are wax potted to keep down noise and feedback at high-volume. Gibson 57s also include vintage style enamel-coated wire, nickel-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and 2-conductor braided wiring for a complete vintage experience without the vintage price tag. Controls for the Johnny A. are standard Volume and Tone pots for each pickup with Gold "top hat" knobs with metal pointers.
Bigsby® B70 Vibrato and Solid Epiphone Hardware: The Johnny A. Custom features Epiphone’s legendary rock solid hardware including an ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge and a classic Bigsby® B70 Vibrato along with gold nickel hardware, an Epiphone Heavy-Duty Epiphone 1/4" output jack with an all-metal jack plate, gold pickup covers, and Epiphone "Deluxe" machine heads with a 18:1 ratio. A hard case is included.
- Body: Mahogany
- Top: 3-Ply Laminated Maple with Flame Maple Veneer
- Finish: Gloss
- Hardware: Gold
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Glued; Mortise and Tenon; At 18th Fret
- Neck Profile: Johnny A. custom rounded "C" neck profile
- Nut: Imitation bone; Pure White
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl "Johnny A. Custom"
- Fingerboard Side Markers: Imitation Tortoise Dots
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA '57 Classic
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA '57 Classic
- -Neck Volume
- -Bridge Volume
- -Neck Tone
- -Bridge Tone
- -3-Way Pickup Selector
- Knobs: Gold "Top Hats" with metal pointers
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty 1/4" jack with metal jack plate
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Headstock: Historic Sloped Dovewing with pearloid vintage "Epiphone" logo
- Headstock Inlay: Mother of Pearl "Johnny A. Custom"
- Back of Headstock: "2017 Ltd Ed" logo in Gold
- Tuners: Epiphone "Deluxe" with Tulip buttons: 18:1 ratio
- Frets: 22; Medium
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Strings: D'Addario; 10-46
- Bridge: ABR-1 tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B70 Vibrato
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Serial Number: Historic Orange Oval Sound Hole Label in body
- Includes: Custom Johnny A. Hard case