Epiphone Limited Edition Korina Explorer Bass (Antique Natural)
The Epiphone Korina Explorer Bass in Antique Natural is a cult classic, reborn for the 21st Century, with XR and XT humbuckers!
The Explorer body shape was first released as an guitar in the late '50s, bassists had to wait for the Explorer Bass until the '80s however, but even then they only stayed in production for three years and have since become a legends amongst rock and metal players for their monstrous tone. Now, Epiphone introduces the legendary Explorer Bass to a new generation with an all Korina (also known as African Limba) body for a look and sound unlike any other instrument in the world!
Korina is one of the great electric guitar tone woods and was first used by Gibson on this original run of Flying Vs and Explorers. It rapidly drew the admiration of luthiers and guitarists for its warm tone and resonant properties. Finished in Antique Natural, this guitars to shows off Korina's grain beautifully, korina is also a comparatively lightweight too.
This guitar has Epiphone renowned '60's SlimTaper D-Profile neck, with a 34" scale. The Rosewood 'board has a modern 12" radius, simple dot inlays, a 1.61" nut, medium jumbo frets. XR and XT Pick-ups make this bass sound every bit as thunderous as the '80s original.
Solid Epiphone Hardware: This Korina Flying V features a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and traditional StopBar tailpiece for exceptional intonation along with an Epiphone all-metal non-rotating ¼" jack. All hardware, including the "Deluxe" machine heads, is gold (solid nickel), a perfect compliment to the Antique Natural finish.
Call GAK now for the UK's best bass advice and the best deals and prices - 01274 665400
- Body: Korina (African Limba)
- Neck: Korina (African Limba)
- Neck Profile: "1960's" SlimTaper™; D-Profile
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Neck Joint: Glued In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid "Dot" inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Headstock: Traditional Explorer with Pearloid "Epiphone" logo
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone Bass XR™ Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Bass XT™ Humbucker
- -Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector
- -Bridge Volume
- -Neck Volume
- -Master Tone
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Fully-Adjustable, Flush mount
- Nut Width: 1.61"
- Hardware: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-layer; (B/W/B)
- Output Jack: Epiphone All-metal 1/4"
- Output Jack Plate: Square; Black PVC
- Machine Heads: Premium bass die-cast; 17:1 ratio
- Knobs: Black "Top Hat" knobs