Epiphone Limited Edition Korina Flying-V (Antique Natural)
The Epiphone Flying-V in Antique Natural limited edition is a fitting tribute to Gibson's original Flying V, as released in a limited run back in the late 50s, when it was one of the most radical guitar designs available. The originals are some of rock's rarest birds and have been used by some of the guitars greatest players. Player's like Hendrix, Keef Richards, Brian Jones, and Joe Bonamassa have played these guitar to devastating effect.
Today, these originals are incredibly rare and outrageously expensive. But with this guitar Epiphone intend to introduce the legendary Fyling V to a new generation. With its Korina (AKA African Limba) body, modern hardware, and vintage voiced Alnico Classic Humbuckers this guitar rocks.
Korina is one of the great electric guitar tone woods and was first used by Gibson on this original run of Flying Vs and Explorers. It rapidly drew the admiration of luthiers and guitarists for its warm tone and resonant properties. Finished in Antique Natural, this guitars to shows off Korina's grain beautifully, korina is also a comparatively lightweight too.
This guitar has Epiphone renowned '60's SlimTaper D-Profile neck, with a 24.75" scale. The Rosewood 'board has a modern 12" radius, simple dot inlays, a 1-11/16" nut, medium jumbo frets. The Alnico Classic humbuckers (regular in the neck and an overwound Plus in the bridge) give you a similar tone to the original PAF humbuckers that were used back in the day. Alnico Classics use Alnico-V magnets for a higher output with enhanced mids and highs.
Solid Epiphone Hardware: This Korina Flying V features a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and traditional StopBar tailpiece for exceptional intonation along with an Epiphone all-metal non-rotating ¼" jack. All hardware, including the "Deluxe" machine heads, is gold (solid nickel), a perfect compliment to the Antique Natural finish.
Call GAK now for the UK's best guitar advice and prices - 01274 665400
- Body: Korina
- Neck: Korina
- Neck Profile: "1960's" SlimTaper™; D-Profile
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Neck Joint: Glued In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid "Dot" inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Headstock: Traditional Flying-V with "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic™ Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic Plus™ Humbucker
- -Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector
- -Bridge Volume
- -Neck Volume
- -Master Tone
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: String-Thru Body; Classic "V" metal plate
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-layer; (B/W/B)
- Output Jack: Epiphone All-metal 1/4"
- Output Jack Plate: 3-layer; (B/W/B)
- Machine Heads: Epiphone "Deluxe" Tuners with Tulip buttons
- Knobs: Black "Top Hat" knobs