Epiphone Lee Malia Explorer Custom LTD Artisan Outfit, Walnut
Epiphone Product Overview
Designed with Lee Malia of Bring Me the Horizon this guitar features the classic Explorer profile in Lee’s signature Walnut finish with a Gibson USA P-94 single coil and 84T-LM humbucker pickup, vintage style “Artisan” inlay, and custom gigbag with hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity.
Bring Me the Horizon is one of the fastest rising music groups in the world and Lee Malia has emerged as one of the leading guitarists of his generation. Like Lee’s Epiphone Les Paul Artisan, the new Ltd. Ed. Lee Malia Explorer Custom Artisan Outfit features another classic “Kalamazoo” era design—the Explorer--in a beautiful Walnut finish with Ivory and Black binding on the body and headstock along with an “Artisan” floral inlay in pearloid on a smooth Torrefied Composite fingerboard. The Mahogany body has a Maple top to add bite to the tone. The Mahogany neck has a “1959” Rounded “C” profile with a 24.75” scale length. The black Explorer-style headstock has a pearloid “Epiphone” logo in 60s era typeface with a “Lee Malia” signature inlay on the back.
To get his distinctive tone, Lee Malia prefers the combination of a sensitive P-94 single coil pickup for rhythm and a powerful Gibson 84T-LM humbucker for leads. In between the two pickups under the pickguard is a "Dummy Coil" that cancels the “hum” when in single-coil mode. Three traditional “TopHat” knobs with metal inserts control neck volume, bridge volume, and master tone. The bridge volume also serves as a coil-spitting control (via a push/pull switch) so the humbucker can also be used as a single-coil pickup.
Lee Malia’s Explorer Custom Artisan features stylish gold hardware including premium 14:1 ratio die-cast machine heads with "tulip" buttons, Epiphone straplocks, plus Epiphone’s road worthy exclusive non-rotating, heavy duty output jack with a metal output jack plate. Set up and intonation is easy thanks to the classic combo of a LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece. The black Explorer pickguard has a white 3-way pickup selector switch. A custom gigbag and a Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Lee Malia are also included.
- Top Material: Maple
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: "1959" Rounded; C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Headstock: "Explorer" shaped
- Headstock Inlay: "Epiphone" logo in pearloid
- Truss Rod: Yes
- Truss Rod Cover: Black "Bell" Shape; 2-layer (B/W)
- Fingerboard Material: Torrefied Composite
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Inlay: Classic "Artisan" floral pattern in pearloid
- Binding: 7-Layer body; Front and back (Ivory/Black), 5-Layer headstock (Ivory/Black), 1-Layer fingerboard (Ivory)
- Nut: Ivory; Artificial Bone
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Pickguard: Black; 4-layer (W/B/W/B); PVC
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Premium Diecast with metal "tulip" buttons; 14:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA P-94™ Single Coil
- Middle Pickup: "Dummy Coil"; Cancels Hum in single-coil mode
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA 84T-LM™ Humbucker
- Controls: 1-Neck Volume, 1-Bridge Volume with coil-tapping, 1-Master Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal; Toggle Cap = White
- Knobs: Black tophats with metal inserts
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone Stopbar
- Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack, Metal Output Jack Plate
- Plastic Parts: Black; PVC
- Colours: Walnut (gloss)
- Other: "Lee Malia" signature on back of headstock, "Limited Edition" logo on back of headstock
- Includes: Epiphone StrapLocks, Hand-Signed COA in presentation binder, Premium Gigbag