Epiphone Les Paul Express 3/4 Size (Vintage Sunburst)
The Epiphone Les Paul Express is a real Les Paul, Only Smaller! This Les Paul Express captures the look, sound and feel of the famous Les Paul but puts it all into a smaller 3/4 sized package that's perfect for smaller players, of for travelling with.
The neck has similar dimensions the full-size Les Paul but is based around 22.0" scale length (Gibson Electrics are usually 24.75"). 22" is a perfect compromise between making things short enough, whilst simultaneously not shortening things too much so the strings go floppy at concert pitch. The decreased string tension is great for younger players who might struggle with the resistance in a full-size guitar at first, but if you're a serious player that's wanting to use one of these for practice whilst travelling, you could always just chuck some heavier strings on and have it feel like more your usual electric.
While the Les Paul Express is a genuine Les Paul, Epiphone has included in some unique design features to make sure the guitar still plays and performs well given it's shorter stature well. First, the body is still Mahogany (just like every proper Les Paul), but the neck is Hard Maple (instead of also being the traditional LP Mahogany), this gives the guitar a little more top-end and bite to help stopping things muddying up, tonally speaking. Plus the combination of the fully-adjustable fixed bridge with through-body stringing fits this body size better while upping the sustain and making string changing quicker and easier. Finally, the neck is bolted in place using 4 recessed bolts set into a tapered heel, thus making upper fret access easier when you're ready to bust out a scorching solo.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the UK's best deals on short-scale and travel guitars - 01273 665400
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Hard Maple
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on; Tapered Heel; 4 bolt recessed
- Scale Length: 22"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with "Dot"" Inlays"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 21; Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Diecast
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone 650R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 700T Humbucker
- Controls: Master Volume & Master Tone
- Knobs: Vintage-style with Chrome metal inserts; Labeled "Volume" & "Tone"
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Headstock: Clipped Ear; 14 degree angle
- Bridge: Epiphone FB-601 fully adjustable
- Tailpiece: String-Through Body