Epiphone Limited Edition Slash Firebird, Translucent Black
Epiphone presents the new Limited Edition Slash Firebird, designed by Guns N' Roses legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Slash! Featuring a Slash-designed Firebird with a AAA Flame Maple top in a Translucent Black finish, a Pau Ferro fingerboard, Seymour Duncan "Slash" Open Coil Humbuckers, and Sprague "Orange Drop" capacitors.
Slash’s Limited Edition Firebird features the classic Firebird profile that has gone virtually unchanged since its debut in 1963 and is made with a AAA Flame Maple top and a 3-piece Mahogany body in a Translucent Black finish chosen by Slash. The traditional Firebird style pickguard is layered white and black and has Slash’s “Skull & Top Hat” log in red. The Mahogany neck is glued to the body with a deep-set neck tenon and has a standard 24.75” scale and a rounded custom “Slash” profile. The Pau Ferro fingerboard has single-ply cream binding with Pearl trapezoid inlays, a nylon nut, and 22 medium jumbo frets along with a 2-way adjustable truss rod. The back of the Firebird’s traditional reverse headstock has Slash’s Snakepit logo in gold.
Slash is a longtime fan of legend Seymour Duncan’s pickups, and for his new Epiphone Firebird Slash choose custom Seymour Duncan "Slash" open coil-humbuckers for the rhythm (APH-1) and the lead positions (APH-2). These were Slash’s first custom pickups made with Seymour Duncan and feature Alnico II magnets and are slightly overwound for a boosted output. Each pickup has a single conductor cable, a long-legged bottom plate, and a wooden spacer. Controls include individual Volume and Tone pots with traditional Black Top Hat knobs with metal inserts and pointers along with a Switchcraft® 3-way Toggle switch. Tone controls for both pickups also feature Sprague "Orange Drop" capacitors (0.022uF, 600V, 5%), the same capacitors Slash uses on his custom designed Les Pauls.
The Slash Firebird also features Epiphone's rock solid nickel hardware including a classic Epiphone LockTone™ ABR Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece, Kluson® Reissue Firebird Banjo-style machine heads with a 12:1 ratio, a Switchcraft® 1/4" output jack, and Epiphone Straplocks. Like all Epiphones, the Ltd. Ed. Slash Firebird comes with Epiphone's two year warranty and world famous Gibson 24/7/365 Customer Service. There are only 900 of these worldwide, don't miss out!
- Body: 3-pc Mahogany
- Top: AAA Flame Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Rounded, Custom "Slash" Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-set neck tenon
- Headstock: Traditional Reverse-Firebird Headstock
- Back of Headstock: Slash Snakepit Logo in Gold
- Truss Rod: 2-way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Traditional "Firebird"; 1-layer (Black); "Epiphone" logo in GOLD
- Nut: Nylon
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro with Pearl "Trapezoid" Inlays
- Frets: 22; Medium/Jumbo
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan "Slash" Humbucker; APH-1; Open-coil; Black
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan "Slash" Humbucker; APH-2; Open-coil; Black
- -Switchcraft® 3-way Toggle
- -Neck Pickup Volume
- -Bridge Pickup Volume
- -Neck Pickup Tone with Sprague "Orange Drop" capacitors; 0.022uF, 600V, 5%
- -Bridge Pickup Tone with Sprague "Orange Drop" capacitors; 0.022uF, 600V, 5%
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone™ ABR Tune-o-matic and Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Kluson® Reissue Firebird Banjo-style; 12:1 ratio
- Pickguard: White (3-layer; W/B/W) with Slash "Skull & Top Hat" logo in RED
- Knobs: Black "Top Hats" with metal inserts and pointers
- Back Cavity Cover: Black PVC
- Output Jack: Switchcraft® 1/4"
- Strap Buttons: Epiphone StrapLocks
- Other: Only 900 pcs worldwide
- -Unsigned Certificate of Authenticity
- -User's Manual
- -Truss Rod Wrench
- -Epiphone Poster
- -Epiphone Bumper Sticker