Epiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer 'White Lightning' Explorer Outfit
Epiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer 'White Lightning' Explorer Overview by GAK:
Epiphone presents the Ltd. Ed. Tommy Thayer "White Lightning" Explorer Outfit, the third signature model designed with legend Tommy “Spaceman” Thayer of KISS. Featuring the classic Explorer body in a Custom Metallic White finish plus Seymour Duncan® JB™ Humbuckers chosen by Thayer, Grover® Rotomatic machine heads, a custom hard case and more. Plus, each Ltd. Ed. “White Lightning” Explorer also includes a hand signed Certificate of Authenticity in a presentation binder.
Tommy Thayer’s new Explorer features a classic Mahogany body with black and white binding on the top, and a chrome-metal pickguard. The Mahogany neck has a 1960's SlimTaper™-D profile that is glued to the body with a Mortise & Tenon joint. The neck has a traditional 24.75” scale length and a smooth Torrefied Composite fingerboard with pearloid "Dot" inlays. The adjustable truss rod has a chrome cover engraved with “Tommy Thayer” and a limited edition 'White Lightning" logo on the back of the headstock.
Once again, Tommy Thayer as chosen legendary Seymour Duncan® JB™ humbuckers for his new Signature Explorer. Seymour Duncan began his career in the 1960s customizing pickups for legends like Jimi Hendrix and Jeff Beck. Thayer chose a Seymour Duncan® JB™ humbucker with chrome mounting rings for the neck position and another JB™ “open-coil” with white bobbins in the bridge position. Open coil-humbuckers are inspired by legends like Jimmie Page of Led Zeppelin and Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers who found their lead/bridge pickups had more “bite” if they removed the covers. White “TopHat” knobs control each pickup’s Volume and Tone and Epiphone’s all-metal 3-way pickup selector has a chrome cap and metal washer.
Like all Epiphones, Tommy Thayer’s “White Lightning” Explorer comes with rock solid/road ready hardware including a heavy-duty 1/4” non-rotating output jack with chrome-metal jack plate and a classic LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece for superb action and intonation. Mini-Grover® Rotomatics™ offer a super pro-level 18:1 tuning ratio. A custom white hard case is included along with a Studded Leather Strap designed by Tommy Thayer along with a hand signed Certificate of Authenticity. Surely the coolest Epiphone Explorer ever, grab one while you can!
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Mortise & Tenon
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Chrome, Metal: Engraved "Tommy Thayer"
- Nut: White; Imitation Bone
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Torrefied Composite with pearloid "Dot" inlays
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ Humbucker; Covered with chrome mounting rings
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ Humbucker; Open-Coil with white bobbins
- -Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector with chrome cap and metal washer
- -Neck Pickup Volume
- -Bridge Pickup Volume
- -Neck Pickup Tone
- -Bridge Pickup Tone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Mini-Grover® Rotomatics™ : 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard: PVC; Chrome Color
- Knobs: White "Top Hats" with metal pointers
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty with chrome, metal jack plate
- Other: Limited Edition 'White Lightning" Logo on back of headstock
- -Custom "White" Hard Case
- -Inspired by Custom Studded Leather Strap (like Tommy's)
- -Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity in presentation binder
- -User's Manual
- -Truss Rod Wrench
- -Epiphone Poster
- -Epiphone Bumper Sticker