Epiphone SG Custom LTD Tony Iommi, Ebony
The Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom is a guitar designed by the evil overlord himself, Mr. Tony Iommi. A guitarist widely heralded as the original "Godfather of Heavy Metal".
This SG Custom features Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbuckers, a 24-fret Ebony fingerboard, and a dark Ebony gloss colour finish. Black Sabbath weren't inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame until 2006, but Tony's been almost every shredder's idol since Black Sabbath's debut in 1970. As the "hero-of-heroes" he's given us more classic riffs than we can probably count.
The Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker was Gibson's first Signature Series pickup and features both Alnico II and Ceramic magnets with special windings for an incredible sustain and full-shred tone. Each pickup is fully wax-potted and epoxied for absolute protection against unwanted feedback. Both pickups are powered by SG-style controls with Black "Top Hat" knobs with metal inserts and an Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector with a black toggle cap.
Tony himself is quoted as saying...
"This guitar sounds like I want it to sound on stage...I play it at home in the studio as well. It uses my signature pickups, which we worked on for quite a while over the years. It's got a great fretboard with a really nice feel. And, it's just a really classy looking guitar"
This guitar has a classic-styled solid mahogany, gloss finished, SG body with a 3-layer black/white/black scratch plate. The 24.75" scale Mahogany neck has white binding and Epiphone's venerated '60s SlimTaper D-profile neck that's glued into the body with a deep-set neck joint with easy access heel. Plus, in true Black Sabbath style, this guitar also has cross inlays, as designed by Tony, with a black graphite nut.
As with all Epiphones, the Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom comes with solid hardware, but also includes a rim-mounted Epiphone Heavy-Duty chrome metal jack plate. And each Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom comes with a hand signed Certificate of Authenticity, binder, and photograph.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the UK's best guitar deals - 01273 665400
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; 'D' profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-Set Neck Joint with smooth transition heel
- Headstock Front: "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid, "Pineapple" inlay in Pearloid
- Headstock Back: "Tony Iommi" signature in silver, "Epiphone Limited Edition" logo in silver
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Nut: Black; Graphite
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Pearloid "Cross" Inlays
- Frets: 24; Medium/Jumbo
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- -Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector with black toggle cap
- -Neck Pickup Volume
- -Bridge Pickup Volume
- -Neck Pickup Tone
- -Bridge Pickup Tone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Die-cast; 14:1 ratio; Metal Tulip Buttons
- Knobs: Black "Top Hats" with metal inserts
- Output Jack: Rim-mounted; Epiphone Heavy-Duty with chrome, metal jack plate
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- -Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity
- -Binder with certificate and photograph
- -User's Manual
- -Truss Rod Wrench
- -Epiphone Poster
- -Epiphone Bumper Sticker