Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Custom PRO Koa (Natural)
The Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO Koa is Epiphone's take on the original "Tuxedo" Les Paul. Updated with a gorgeous koa top and Epiphone's ProBucker Pickups and Coil-Taps for ultimate tone and amazing versatility!
The Les Paul Custom followed the original Les Paul Goldtop and came into being in 1954 and was originally intended to cement the solid-body guitar as something that was beyond just being a fashion. Given that the Les Paul Custom is still in production, it appears to have done this job admirably. The Les Paul Custom was also originally intended to match well with a tux - hence it's nickname - but went further and developed into one of the most recognisable and classic guitars ever designed. Clearly, the new koa version has never been intended to match with any particular set of garments, but we reckon it looks and sounds pretty damn amazing regardless.
The Les Paul Custom PRO's new Epiphone's ProBucker pickups, with their 4-wire design and coil-tapping are directly inspired by Gibson's now legendary BurstBuckers. These ProBuckers recreate the sound of the much lusted after original hand-wound Seth Lover designed "PAF" humbuckers. They include many of the same components as these originals and the newer BurstBuckers. Key parts of this spec include Alnico II magnets, Elektrisola magnet wire, 18% nickel silver unit bases, covers, and pole screws, and slugs and bobbins made to the aged specs. This Les Paul Custom PRO includes a ProBucker-2 at the neck and a ProBucker-3 at the bridge - both of are a little overwound for great tone at higher volumes when you're pushing it.
The Les Paul Custom is an absolute classic and Epiphone's newest take on it adds some amazing pick-ups at the sort of price a Les Paul Custom this good has never been available for before. Try one out today at GAK.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info and advice and the deals on guitars, amps, and effects - 01273 665400
- Body Top: Figured Koa
- Body Back: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: "1960's" SlimTaper™; D-Profile
- Nut: Graphtech®
- Neck Joint: Glued In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid BLOCK inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2™ ; 4-wire
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3™ ; 4-wire
- -Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector
- -Neck Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- -Bridge Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- -Neck Pickup Tone
- -Bridge Pickup Tone
- -Body Top - 5 ply (Pure White/Black)
- -Body Black - 5 ply (Pure White/Black)
- -Fingerboard - 1 ply (Pure White)
- -Headstock - 5 ply (Pure White/Black)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Tuners; 18:1 ratio
- Knobs: Black "Speed" knobs