Epiphone Masterbilt Century Deluxe Classic Electro-Acoustic Archtop (Vintage Sunburst)
The Epiphone Masterbilt Deluxe Classic Electro-Acoustic in vintage suburst is a big bodied archtop with a strong, full tone that'll cut through any mix. Like all Masterbilts it has Solid Spruce top. In that case a beautifully arched, traditionally Longitudinally Braced top that's finished in gorgeous vintage sunburst, with a replica tortoise shell style pickguard, and f-holes. Epi’s first generation of archtops had a unique body profile with a 17" lower bout, a 12.6" upper bout, a 10.25" waist, and a 21" body length. And that's exactly what they've done with the Masterbilt Century Deluxe, plus it's a vintage styled archtop too of course, so if you're a flattop players that's played old plywood archtops, the sound of this guitar will be a revelation.
Both the body and top are fully 3-ply bound, and the fingerboard has single layer Ivory coloured binding. The Hard Maple and mahogany neck is a 5-piece laminate for great reliability and solid tuning and is a full but rounded C profile. Plus, true to vintage form, it's glued to the body with a precisely fitted dovetail joint meaning this whole guitar resonates as if it were a single piece of wood. The Ebony fretboard has pearloid Notched Diamond inlays that have been modelled after the original Masterbilts.
Whilst the the Century De Luxe Classic sounds great played acoustically, both on a small stage and in the studio, it also has the amazing eSonic HD preamp system with Shadow NanoFlex HD Under-saddle pickup. Meaning it also sounds amazing plugged in too. Now archtop players can hear their instrument amplified exactly as they hear it unplugged. The Shadow NanoFlex HD Under-saddle pickup has easy-to-access controls for Master Volume and Master EQ mounted just inside the sound hole. So the system's as unobtrusive as possible.
The Century De Luxe Classic comes fitted with historic Epiphone reissue Tuners with Marboloid Crown buttons. As part of the Masterbilt modernisation the De Luxe Classic has a dual action truss rod for easy and perfect set-up too and the Floating Ebonoid Bridge is made from a synthetic material that has the grain-like texture and look of Ebony but is harder and more reliable. To give you years and years of happy playing.
Call GAK now for the UK's best Epiphone deals and prices - 01273 665400
- Top: Solid Spruce; Longitudinal Bracing
- Body: Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Dimensions:
- -Lower Bout = 17"
- -Upper Bout = 12.6"
- -Waist = 10.25"
- -Body Length = 21"
- Neck: 5-pc Laminated; Hard Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Rounded "C" shape
- Preamp: eSonic™ HD (High Definition)
- Controls: Master Volume & Master EQ
- Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex™ HD; Under-saddle
- Power: 9 Volt Battery
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 1-layer
- Neck Joint: Dovetail; Glued-In
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Hardware: Aged Nickel
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- F’Brd Inlay: Pearloid "Notched Diamond"
- Headstock: Historic Epiphone Dovewing with Pearloid "Banner" logos
- Tuners: Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners with Marboloid "Crown" buttons; Improved to 18:1 ratio
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Strings: Cleartone®; 12-53
- Bridge: Floating Adjustable; Ebonoid
- Saddle: Compensated; Artificial Bone
- Tailpiece: Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Serial Number: 1930's Era Replica Soundhole Label