Epiphone Masterbilt Century Zenith Classic Archtop Electro-Acoustic Guitar (Vintage Natural)
The Epiphone Masterbilt Zenith Classic archtop in vintage natural is a medium-sized electro with a traditionally longitudinally braced solid spruce top, laminated Flame Maple body, and f-holes. There's a tortoiseshell style pickguard included, but it comes unattached, with attaching hardware included, so the choice is yours.
Like Epiphone’s earlier generations of similar archtops, the Masterbilt Zenith has a unique body profile. This is built around a 16" lower bout, a 11.6" upper, a 9.4" waist, and a body length slightly exceeding 20". A 16" archtop gives you great, concentrated punch and an awesome overall tone. the Zenith is an ideal rhythm instrument for singers and soloists and has a fuller tone than most other similar guitars. Due to its archtop, plus its body size based punch, most flattop guitarists will find it can pretty easily cut through a mix better than almost any other regular acoustic. The 5-piece neck is made from Hard Maple and Mahogany and has a full rounded C profile. The Ebony fretboard even has pearloid Falling Snowflake inlays modelled after the original Zeniths, just to finish off the overall awesome vintage vibe.
Whilst punchy tone ot the Zenith's medium-sized body body sounds great played acoustically on smaller stages and in studios, it's plugged in that things really come to life. With its cutting edge eSonic HD preamp and Shadow NanoFlex HD Under-saddle pickup you can now put its amazing archtop through your favourite amp. Few archtop players have heard acoustics as accurately represented through their sound systems as this before. The system's controls are mounted in an f-hole, so they're as unobtrusive as possible and now you have complete control over how much of the acoustic guitar is amplified.
The Masterbilt Zenith comes with historic Epiphone reissue tuners with Marboloid Crown buttons. Unlike most vintage archtops the Zenith has a dual action truss rod for consistent set-up and setting the action to your preference. The Floating, Adjustable Ebonoid Bridge is made from synthetic material and has the grain-like texture and look of Ebony but is harder and more reliable to give you years of easy maintenance free playing. and the historic aged all-nickel Trapeze Tailpiece is also inspired from Epiphone’s vintage Masterbilt collection.
Call GAK now for the UK's best archtop deals and prices - 01273 665400
- Top: Solid Spruce; Longitudinal Bracing
- Body: Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Dimensions:
- -Lower Bout = 16"
- -Upper Bout = 11.6"
- -Waist = 9.4"
- -Body Length = 20.125"
- Neck: 5-pc Laminated; Hard Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Rounded "C" shape
- Preamp: eSonic™ HD (High Definition)
- Controls: Master Volume & Master EQ
- Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex™ HD; Under-saddle
- Power: 9 Volt Battery
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 1-layer
- Neck Joint: Dovetail; Glued-In
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- F’Brd Inlay: Pearloid "Falling Snowflakes"
- Headstock: Historic Epiphone Dovewing with Pearloid "Banner" logos
- Tuners: Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners with Marboloid "Crown" buttons; Improved to 18:1 ratio
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Strings: Cleartone®; 12-53
- Bridge: Floating Adjustable; Ebonoid
- Saddle: Compensated; Artificial Bone
- Tailpiece: Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Hardware: Aged Nickel
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Serial Number: 1930's Era Replica Soundhole Label