Epiphone DR-500MCE Masterbilt Dreadnought Electro Acoustic, Natural
The Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE gives you all solid tone wood for amazing tone. It's an old adage, but solid tonewood really is a great place to start for a great acoustic. Couple this with the Masterbilt range'sheritage, a line of guitars that dates back to the '30s, and you've got a great recipe for guitar success.
The DR-500MCE combines traditional construction methods modern features to deliver a new "vintage" instrument with deep, rich tone with, shimmering highs and just the right amount of mids. Other guitars around this price use laminated and pressed backs and spliced neck joints, but you can be sure that every Masterbilt holds true to it's all solid wood promise and its great heritage.
In terms of wood selection, the DR-500MCE has a solid Sitka spruce top, hand-scalloped Sitka spruce braces, mahogany kerfing, and a rosewood fingerboard and bridge. It also has a solid Mahogany back and sides as well hand-shaped Mahogany neck. If you're looking for vintage vibe and tone, the Masterbilt DR-500MCE is a great place to start.
There's no doubting that the DR-500MCE sounds great played by itself, but plug it in and it really comes to life. Made in co-operation with Shadow, the eSonic2 pick-up preamp features a built-in tuner and sounds great! Under the traditional bone saddle is Shadow's low-impedance, NanoFlex pickup. Shadow are keen to point that this is not a piezo. It's a unique sensing material that features integrated active electronics to not only pick-up string vibration, but also the subtle vibrations of the top and body for much truer representation of this acoustics tone. Added to this there's also the revolutionary NanoMag pickup mounted at the end of the fingerboard. Exclusively from Shadow, the NanoMag features 3 Samarian-Cobalt magnets and an integrated active circuit to perfectly capture the guitar's tone, as well as all manner of harmonics. This system even gives you a choice of either 1/4" mono output blending both pickups or a 1/4" stereo output splitting the two pickups so you now have great opportunities to create the perfect acoustic tone live!
Call GAK now for electro-acoustic guitar info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Side Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany; 1-piece plus heel
- Neck Shape Options: SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In; Dove-Tail with hide glue
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl Split-Diamond inlays
- Neck Pickup: Shadow NanoMag™
- Bridge Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex™
- Electronics: eSonic-2 Stereo Preamp
- -eSonic2™ preamp with built-in tuner, stereo output
- -Master Volume Pot
- -NanoMag™ EQ Pot
- -NanoFlex™ EQ Pot
- -Phase "Anti-feedback" Switch
- -Electronic Tuner Activation w/Output Mute Switch
- Binding: Body = 6 ply; Neck = 1 ply; Headstock = 3-ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 20; medium
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Nut Masterial: Bone
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Sta-Tite™ 18:1 ratio
- Finish: Gloss body; Satin neck