Epiphone Masterbilt Frontier, Iced Tea Aged Gloss
The Epiphone Masterbilt Frontier is a faithful recreation of one of the rarest Epiphone guitars ever made.
It has a solid Maple body and a solid Sitka Spruce top to provide a bright, harmonic sound, with the top delivering a broad dynamic range and crisp articulation that’s great for playing many different styles. This classic combination of tonewoods makes this a versatile and responsive guitar. It also has a comfortable ‘C’-shaped Mahogany neck topped with a 20-fret Indian Laurel fretboard. There’s also a Graph Tech NuBone nut and a bone saddle to provide better tuning stability and a more natural sound.
The Epiphone Masterbilt Frontier has a state-of-the-art pickup and preamp by Fishman, who are renowned for their acoustic amplification, so you’ll get a natural, accurate acoustic tone, and the pickup controls are conveniently mounted inside the soundhole, ideal for gigging musicians who want to adjust the volume and tone easily.
To complete this guitar, it has a distinct ‘rope and cactus’ pickguard that is sure to catch people’s eye, as well as unique Pearloid split block inlays, keystone tuners, gold hardware and an Iced Tea Aged Gloss finish to complete the vintage look. This is a great option for anyone who wants a more unique vintage-style guitar and the ability to plug in to get the great sound whether you’re playing live or in the studio.
The Masterbilt™ Collection presents a recreation of the rare 60s era Epiphone Frontier. Featuring a square-shouldered body with solid maple back and sides, a solid Sitka spruce top with the iconic “Rope and Cactus” pickguard, bone nut and saddle, and the state-of-the-art Fishman® Sonitone™ onboard preamp system for true acoustic tone when plugged in. Available in Ice Tea Aged Gloss finish. Featuring Gibson™ Strings. Epiphone stands behind every guitar they make with a Limited Lifetime Warranty and Gibson Brands™ Customer Service.
- Body Shape: Frontier
- Body Material: Solid Maple
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back: Solid Maple
- Side: Solid Maple
- Binding: Multi-ply
- Finish: Aged Gloss Natural
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: C Profile
- Scale Length: 25.51" / 648mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® NuBone®
- Inlays: Pearloid "Split Block" Rectangles
- Joint: Dovetail; Glued-in, 14th fret
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: Indian Laurel
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold, Keystone Buttons
- Pickguard: Historic Frontier
- TrussRod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply Bullet, Elongated "E"
- Bridge Pins: Ivory with Black Dot
- Strap Buttons: 2 - bottom and side of heel
- Under Saddle Pickup: Fishman® Sonicore™
- Controls: Fishman® Sonitone™ Soundhole mounted Volume and Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4" Heavy-Duty Epiphone
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone™
- Strings Gauge: Gibson™ Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings .012", .016", .024"w, .032" .042", .053
- Case: Optional Acoustic AJ/Dreadnought Hard Case 940-EDREAD; Dread/AJ Acoustic EpiLite™ Case 940-EDREADHG
No upgrades available