Epiphone Masterbilt Texan, Faded Cherry Aged Gloss
The Epiphone Masterbuilt Texan is great for anyone who wants a classic vintage style guitar at an affordable price, being based on the original 1960’s acoustic. It features a solid mahogany body with a solid Sitka spruce top combination, which provides a warm, punchy tone and a great high-end response. It also has a mahogany neck with a traditional 1960’s SlimTaper ‘C’ profile making it extra comfortable to play, and an Indian laurel fretboard with 20 medium jumbo frets. There’s also a Graph Tech NuBone nut which allows for more string vibrations so you get improved volume, tone and harmonics, and 3-on-a-side ivory button tuning machines.
For electronics, it has a Fishman Sonicore under-saddle pickup and Fishman Sonitone preamp, delivering a dynamic, natural sound, and it has the subtle feature of the volume and tone controls being mounted under the soundhole making it easy to change your settings while playing. It has Gibson Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar strings (.012, .016, .024, .032, .042, .053) and includes a 9v battery.
To complete the Epiphone Masterbuilt Texan is nickel hardware, mother of pearl parallelogram inlays, and a black headstock and tortoiseshell pickguard with the Epiphone ‘E’ logo. This model is available in a classic Faded Cherry Aged Gloss or an Antique Natural Aged Gloss finish.
The Historic Texan Joins the Masterbilt Family
The guitar that inspired two British Invasions joins the Masterbilt™ family! Based on the historic 60s-era Texans played by Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton. Featuring a solid Sitka spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, bone nut and saddle, and the Fishman® Sonicore™ pickup and Sonitone™ preamp system. Includes a vintage-style blue rectangle soundhole label. Available in Antique Natural Aged and Faded Cherry Aged finishes and featuring Gibson™ strings. Epiphone stands behind every guitar they make with a Limited Lifetime Warranty and Gibson Brands™ Customer Service.
- Body Shape Texan
- Body Material Solid Mahogany
- Top Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Solid Mahogany
- Side Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Profile Traditional 1960s SlimTaper™ C Profile
- Scale Length 25.5" / 647.7mm
- Fingerboard Material Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 20
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech® NuBone®
- Nut Width 1.69" / 43mm
- Inlays Mother of Pearl Parallelograms
- Joint Dovetail; Glued-in
- Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge Advanced Jumbo Reverse Belly
- Saddle Material Bone
- Tuning Machines 3 on a side with Ivory buttons
- TrussRod Adjustable
- Strap Buttons 2 - bottom and side of heel
- Under Saddle Pickup Fishman® Sonicore™
- Controls Fishman® Sonitone™ soundhole mounted Volume and Tone
- Output Jack 1/4" Heavy-Duty Epiphone
- Preamp Fishman® Sonitone™
- Strings Gauge Gibson™ Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings .012", .016", .024"w, .032" .042", .053
- Case Optional Acoustic AJ/Dreadnought Hard Case 940-EDREAD; Dread/AJ Acoustic EpiLite™ Case 940-EDREADHG
- Accessories 9-volt alkaline or lithium battery included
No upgrades available