Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX Outfit, Black Cherry
The Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX is the most recent development of a range of guitar that was introduced back in 2008. Back then in was hailed as a groundbreaking move by Epiphone in its approach to combining tradition and innovation. The Prophecy series aims to be a collection of the ultimate guitars for tradition seeking shredders who want to redefine the Les Paul sound and concept.
The Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX Outfit takes the original format, as laid out in 2008, and adds Gibson USA's powerful 490R/498T humbucker combination. Along with push/pull coil-tapping for each pickup, for an incredible range of tones.
The 490R features an Alnico II bar magnet and the 498T carries an Alnico-V bar magnet. These pickups are unmistakably Gibson, and tonally clearly come from their legendary family of humbucker pickups, but, have a modern edge that gives their tone a distinct personality.
In terms of specs beyond the pick-ups the Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX has a Mahogany body, with Quilt Maple veneer top, and is available in two stunning finishes. Black Cherry and Heritage Cherry Sunburst. The Mahogany neck has Epiphone's SpeedTaper D-profile, which is super-fast, and a satin finish down the back. There's a Rosewood fingerboard (with, unusually for an LP, 24 frets) with a 14" radius. The 'board also features gorgeous abalone and mother-of-pearl inlays, with matching elegant inlays in the volume and tone controls.
The Prophecy GX also features all gold hardware including gold metal barrel controls with mother of pearl inlaid tops, Epiphone's LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar, and Epiphone Straplocks. The Prophecy GX also has gold Grover 14:1 machine heads for incredible tuning accuracy. The Prophecy GX also includes a hard case so it's ready for life on the road.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the UK's best prices and deals - 01273 665400
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Quilt Maple
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SpeedTaper™ D-Profile; Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Frets: 24; Jumbo
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- - Body: 5-ply (White/Black)
- - Neck: 1-ply (White)
- - Headstock: 5-ply (White/Black)
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Nut Material: Graphite
- Hardware: Gold
- - "Mother of Pearl" Stickpin on Headstock face
- - "Mother of Pearl and Abalone" Block & Triangle on 1, 3,5 7, 9, 12 & 15th frets
- - "Mother of Pearl" Blocks on 17, 19, 21 & 24th frets
- Machine Heads: Grover™
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA 490R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA 498T Humbucker
- - 1-Neck Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- - 1-Neck Tone
- - 1-Bridge Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- - 1-Bridge Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal
- Knobs: Metal Barrel with MOP inlaid tops
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone™ Stopbar
- Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack
- StrapLocks: Epiphone Exclusive
- Includes: Epiphone Fitted Hard Case (940-ENLPCS)
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year