Epiphone SG Modern Figured, Trans Black Fade
Epiphone SG Modern Overview by GAK.
A new year, a new decade and a fantastic new Epiphone Guitars product lineup that is sure to have something for everyone. Taking inspiration from the current Gibson USA range we have the Epiphone Original Collection which is aimed at the purists with models such as the Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50s & 60s available in six great finishes including Bourbon Burst, Iced tea and Heritage Cherry Sunburst, the Epiphone Les Paul Special in TV Yellow, the Epiphone Explorer and Flying V in Ebony and the Epiphone SG Standard '61 in Vintage Cherry to name a few. To add to this we also have the Epiphone Modern Collection which brings modern appointments to a vintage classic for extra tonal options and a different playing experience. Models such as the Epiphone Les Paul Classic available in Ebony, Honeyburst or Heritage Cherry Sunburst, The Epiphone Les Paul Modern with its contoured heel for extra upper fret access and the Epiphone Les Paul Studio which has been given a revamp for 2020 and offered in some fantastic colours such as Smokehouse Burst, Ebony, Alpine White and Wine Red.
The SG Modern Figured from Epiphone's Inspired by Gibson Collection has a classic SG profile made from Mahogany with a AAA Flame Maple Veneer top and Trans Black Fade finish. Powered by ProBucker humbuckers with coil-splitting, phase switching, and CTS electronics. Featuring an Ebony fingerboard and world class Grover Locking Rotomatic tuners with Tulip Buttons with an 18:1 ratio.
Epiphone SG Modern Specs:
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymetrical Slim Taper w/Contoured Heel
- Scale Length: 24.724"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Pearl "Trapezoid" Inlays
- Number Of Frets: 24
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Nut Width:
- Joint: Glued in
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: AAA Flame Maple
- Finish: Gloss
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone™ ABR
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Locking Rotomatic tuners with Tulip Buttons with an 18:1 ratio
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Pickup Covers: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™ humbucker w/coil-splitting and phase switch
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™ humbucker w/coil-splitting and phase switch
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS electronics
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" ---clear to
- Strings: .10, .13, .17, .26, .36, .46
- Case: Optional
Very good guitar
Exactly what my son wanted, delivery was very quick.
Great affordable guitar