Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass, Tobacco Sunburst
The Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass is an incredibly accurate reproduction of the classic electric bass first introduced in 1963 that has since powered dozens of hits by artists like The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Cheap Trick. Featuring new ProBuckerTM Bass Humbuckers and a vintage styled 60s Tune-o-matic bridge and Claw tailpiece.
Legendary automotive designer Ray Dietrich designed the original Thunderbird Bass in the early 60s. The new Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO uses the same profile of the original factory models with a 7-ply Mahogany and Walnut neck attached to Mahogany body wings with a through-neck joint. The neck has a 1960s style rounded profile and has a 34” scale, a 12” radius, and 20 medium jumbo frets. The Rosewood fingerboard has pearloid dot inlays just like the original, and the familiar Thunderbird headstock has a black truss rod cover with the 60s era Epiphone logo silkscreened in gold. The 3-Layer white and black pickguard has the original "Thunderbird" logo in black.
The Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass is powered by Epiphone’s critically acclaimed new ProBucker #760 Bass Pickups. ProBucker 760s are inspired by the original Thunderbird pickups from the 60s and feature 18% Nickel Silver Covers, German manufactured Elektrisola Magnet wire, Alnico IV sand cast magnets, and braided coaxial lead wire and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics. Controls include gold “Top Hat” knobs with chrome metal inserts for individual Neck and Bridge volume settings along with a Master Tone control. The Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass comes with a nickel-plated 1960s styled Tune-o-matic bridge and Claw tailpiece inspired by the original Thunderbird bridge along with open-gear bass tuners with historic "Clover" buttons and a pro 17:1 tuning ratio.
- Neck: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Body: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid "DOT" inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- -Neck Volume
- -Bridge Volume
- -Master Tone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: 1960's TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tailpiece: 1960's "Claw" Tailpiece
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Nut: Imitation Bone; White
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Knobs: Gold Tophats with chrome metal inserts
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black