Epiphone Tobias Toby Deluxe-IV Bass, Trans Black
Epiphone is proud to reintroduce the classic bass that players have been waiting for: the Toby Deluxe IV. The original "Toby" brought real innovation to modern bass players. And now, Epiphone and Tobias team up again to bring back this classic design, which makes cutting edge sounds available to all bass players.
The Toby Story
The Toby Deluxe IV was designed by Michael Tobias and features the classic ergonomic body shape that bassists find so easy to play, providing a focused, "finished" sound that has all the punch of an upright bass with all the clear detail of an electric. And now, the Toby Deluxe IV comes with an Active TonexpressorGäó Bass Enhancement Control for making creative blends and fine adjustments to cut through dense mixes.
Cutting Edge Design
The Toby Deluxe IV features a solid basswood body and a flush-mount, low profile, adjustable bridge. The Toby Deluxe IV's most legendary feature is its hard maple TobiasGäó Asymmetrical Neck profile, which is a bolt-on design with recessed bolts and washers for easy adjustments. Tobias basses were among the first to feature an asymmetrical neck, a design in which the neck is thinner on the lower side than on the upper side. The asymmetric shape feels less bulky than standard bass necks for maximum hand comfort. While these satin finished necks might "feel" thinner, there is still sufficient thickness on the upper side to provide for excellent strength, stability and GÇô best of all GÇô deep, rich tone. Your thumb will find easy reference as your hand glides up and down the fretboard. The neck has a 34" scale length for enhanced clarity, a rosewood fingerboard with a 12" fingerboard radius and a 1.68" nut. Satin finish options include Trans Amber, Trans Black, Trans Red and Walnut and Ebony.
The Toby Deluxe IV features classic Tobias-designed pickups with a Tobias SCRGäó single coil pickup in the neck position and a Tobias SCTGäó single coil pickup at the bridge. Controls are black, all metal knurled knobs and include Neck Volume, Pickup Blend with center Detent, and Master EQ. In addition, an Active TonexpressorGäó Bass Enhancement Control enables you the option of creative blends and is a powerful ally on stage when you need to make fine adjustments to cut through dense mixes. The Active TonexpressorGäó uses an easy-to-change 9-volt battery.
Epiphone is known for making the best hardware in the business. The Toby Deluxe IV includes deluxe die-cast tuners with a 14:1 ratio to ensure tuning stability along with a fully adjustable flush-mounted, low-profile bridge.
Peace of Mind
Like all Epiphone instruments, Toby Deluxe IV comes with our Limited 2 year Warranty backed by Gibson Musical Instruments' famous 24/7/365 day Customer Service. Check out the bold and innovative Toby Deluxe IV today!
- Species Basswood
- Species Hard Maple
- Profile Tobias™ Asymmetrical
- Truss Rod Yes
- -Neck Fit:
- Joint Bolt-on
- Joint Angle Tolerance /- .015"
- Truss Rod Cover Black
- Species Rosewood
- Frets 24 Medium Jumbo
- Radius 12"
- Scale Length 34"
- Type PVC Imitation Bone
- Width 1.68"
- Type Classic Tobias
- Logo Silver Tobias
- Model Black Epiphone Deluxe
- Plating Die-cast Nickel
- Tuning Ratio 14:1
- Type Flush-Mount, Low Profile Fully Adjustable
- Plating Nickel with Black Finish
- Knobs Black Knurled Metal Dome
- Strings .045 - .105, Swedish Steel "Hex" Core
- Strap Buttons Die-cast Steel
- Neck Position Tobias SCR™ Single-Coil
- Bridge Position Tobias SCT™ Single-Coil
- Potentiometers 1 Neck Volume
- 1 Pickup Blend with center Detent
- 1-Master EQ
- 1-Active Toneexpressor™ Bass Enhancement Control
- Output Jack Traditional 1/4"
- Power 9-Volt Battery
- Sealer Polyurethane
- Colours available: Trans Amber, Trans Black, Trans Red, Walnut
- Type Optional Premium Gig Bag - 940-TBYGIG
- Additional Materials The Toby Deluxe-IV bass includes an owner's manual with warranty information, Epiphone bumper sticker, catalog poster, trussrod truss rod adjustment wrench and economy 10' cord