Epiphone Tobias Toby Standard-IV Bass, Alpine White
Epiphone is proud to reintroduce the classic bass that players have been waiting for, the Toby Standard IV. Michael Tobias' "Toby" basses were first introduced in the 1990s and brought real innovation to bassists hungry for an instrument that reflected modern playing styles. And now, Epiphone and Tobias team up again to bring back this classic design, once again putting cutting edge sounds and designs in the hands of all musicians.
The Toby Story
The Toby Standard IV was designed by Michael Tobias and features the same classic ergonomic body shape that players find so easy to perform on, providing a focused, "finished" sound that has all the punch of an upright with all the clear detail of an electric. Whether you're in your garage or on a stage, the Toby Standard IV sounds perfectly balanced from "note one."
Cutting Edge Design
The Toby Standard IV features a solid basswood body and a flush-mount, low profile, adjustable bridge. The Toby Standard's most legendary feature is the TobiasGäó Asymmetrical Neck profile, a bolt-on design with recessed bolts and washers for easy adjustments. Tobias basses were among the first to feature an asymmetrical neck, a design where the neck is thinner on the lower side than on the upper side. The asymmetric shape feels less bulky than standard bass necks allowing for maximum hand comfort. While these satin necks might "feel" thinner, there is still sufficient thickness on the upper side to provide excellent strength, stability andGÇôbest of allGÇôdeep, rich tone. Your thumb will find easy reference as your hand glides up and down the fretboard. The neck has a 34" scale length for enhanced clarity, a rosewood fingerboard with a 12" fingerboard radius, and 1.68" nut. Premium die-cast tuners are used for tuning stability. Color finishes include Alpine White and Ebony.
The Toby Standard IV's electronics feature classic Tobias-designed pickups with a Tobias TBRGäó single coil in the neck and a Tobias TBTGäó single coil at the bridge. Controls include black, knurled all-metal knobs for Master Volume, Pickup Blend, Neck EQ and Bridge EQ. The bridge is flush-mounted for a low profile and is fully adjustable.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Species Basswood
- Species Hard Maple
- Profile Tobias™ Asymmetrical
- Truss Rod Yes
- -Neck Fit:
- Joint Bolt-on
- Truss Rod Cover Black
- Species Rosewood
- Frets 24 Medium Jumbo
- Radius 12"
- Scale Length 34"
- Type PVC Imitation Bone
- Width 1.61"
- Type Classic Tobias
- Logo Silver Tobias
- Model Black Epiphone Deluxe
- Plating Die-cast Nickel
- Tuning Ratio 14:1
- Type Flush-Mount, Low Profile Fully Adjustable
- Plating Nickel with Black Finish
- Knobs Black Knurled Metal Dome
- Strings .045 - .105, Swedish Steel "Hex" Core
- Strap Buttons Die-cast Steel
- Neck Position Tobias TBR™ Single-Coil
- Bridge Position Tobias TBT™ Single-Coil
- Potentiometers 1 Neck Volume
- 1 Pickup Blend with Center Detent
- 1-Bridge EQ
- 1-Neck EQ
- Output Jack Traditional 1/4"
- Sealer Polyurethane
- Colours available Ebony, Alpine White
- Type Optional Premium Gig Bag - 940-TBYGIG
- Additional Materials The Toby Standard-IV bass includes an owner's manual with warranty information, Epiphone bumper sticker, catalog poster, truss rod adjustment wrench and economy 10' cord
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year