Epiphone USA Texan, Antique Natural
The Epiphone USA Texan has inspired generations of musicians since 1958, and the Texan is now made in the USA again - crafted by the skilled Gibson luthiers in Bozeman, Montana.
The Epiphone USA Texan has a solid mahogany body with a Solid Spruce top, a classic tonewood combination that provides amazing resonance, projection and harmonic richness, with robust lows, balanced mids with chiming highs. It also has traditional hand-scalloped X bracing which allows for a balanced distribution of vibrations. The neck is made from mahogany with a comfortable D profile and is topped with a smooth Indian Rosewood fretboard with 20 ‘Legend’ size frets which add to the old school character. There’s also an Indian Rosewood bridge with a bone saddle and Grover Cream Button tuning machines giving this model increased tuning stability, as well as a bone nut and TUSQ bridge pins.
For those who plan on plugging in, the Epiphone USA Texan has a low profile LR Baggs VTC under-saddle pickup, which is more stable and durable than standard ribbon-type pickups as well as being sleek and subtle. It delivers a natural acoustic sound with great dynamics and delicate high end. There are volume and tone controls subtly mounted inside the soundhole, making them easy to access.
To complete the Epiphone USA Texan are mother of pearl single parallelogram inlays, nickel hardware, an authentic celluloid pickguard and a classic Antique Natural finish. It also has a nitrocellulose finish, like most American-made guitars, to add to the vintage look.
- Body Shape: Texan
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Side: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional hand-scalloped X bracing
- Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Round D
- Scale Length: 25.5" / 647.7mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Legend
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.73" / 43.815mm
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl single Parallelogram
- Joint: Compound dovetail neck joint
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Cream Button
- Pickguard: Authentic Celluloid Pickguard
- Truss Rod Cover: Epiphone Bullet
- Bridge Pins: TUSQ®
- Under Saddle Pickup: LR Baggs™ VTC
- Controls: Volume and Tone controls
- Strings Gauge: .012 .016 .024 .032 .042 .053
- Case: Case included
- Gibson™ Strings
No upgrades available