Epiphone Wilshire 'Phant-o-matic' Outfit (Antique Ivory)
The Epiphone Wilshire Phant-o-matic has been designed in collaboration with Frank Lero, the guitarist of multi-platinum band My Chemical Romance. This guitar is one of the most under-cover classics on the market, with all the vintage styling that made Wilshire models the secret favourites of game-changing players like Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Winter, Paul Gilbert, and Steve Marriot.
The Wilshire Phant-o-matic features a Mahogany body and hand-set neck. This neck has a '60s SlimTaper profile, rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl block inlays, 12" radius, and a 1-11/16" nut. Whether chunking out rhythm or cutting searing leads the Phant-o-Matic has tone to die for. Whilst the Antique Ivory finish, black single-ply pickguard, and classic form make this guitar great to look at, it's this tone-to-die-for that really sets it apart from the pack.
The Phant-o-matic has two classic Epiphone pickups, their famous Alnico Classic Plus Humbucker in the bridge and an Alnico Classic Humbucker in the neck position. To make the most of this versatile pickup combo there's also a mono VariTone, much like the one used most famously by blues legend B. B. King.
The VariTone is a six-way rotary switch that gives you access to 5 pre-set notch filters and a bypass. As you rotate through positions 2-6, the centre frequency of the notch shifts from, providing you with a wide tonal palette unavailable on most other instruments. Positions 2-4 offer tonal shaping while staying clear. But Positions 5-6 shift the Alnico Classics into a "single-coil style tone without the thin quack" type of tone. Add it all up and between the VariTone and the 3-position pick-up swtich, you have 18 unique tones available. And if that wasn't enough, there's even a horn-mounted kill switch to let you get crazy with staccato stuttering effects.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the UK's best guitar deals - 01273 665400
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer (Black/White) with vintage "E" in white
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl BLOCK inlays
- Headstock: Clipped Ear™ 3-on-a-side with vintage "Epiphone" logo in gold
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic Plus™ Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic™ Humbucker
- Controls: Master Volume Control, Momentary KillSwitch™, 3-way pickup selector with black toggle cap, 6-Position Rotary VariTone™ notch filter:
- - Position-1: Bypass
- - Position-2: 5db at 1950hz
- - Position-3: 12db at 1100hz
- - Position-4: 16db at 620 hz
- - Position-5: 18.5db at 360hz
- - Position-6: 21db at 120hz
- Binding: Fingerboard - Single Ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ tune-o-matic/stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson™ Vintage style with Green Keys
- Pickguard:Black; Single Ply
- Other: Epiphone StrapLocks
- Includes: Premium Gigbag (940-EPIGIG)