Eventide Blackhole Reverb Pedal
Overview by GAK
The Eventide Blackhole Reverb Pedal delivers extra-terrestrial, atmospheric reverbs from another dimension, all housed in a compact pedal.
The Mix control lets you choose how dry or wet you want it to sound
Gravity adjusts the decay so you can choose between Normal and Inverse Decay, letting you create interesting swells or reverse-like effects. The Delay function lets you add a pre delay of up to 2,000 milliseconds.
There are two symbols - the infinite loop symbol is for infinite Decay, and the snowflake symbol is for Freeze - where the dry signal passes as set by the Mix knob. Q controls the resonance of the Hi and Lo filters and has no effect if the Hi and Lo knobs are set at the midpoint.
Size controls the size of the imagined reverb space - anything from a tiny room to an infinite universe, and Depth controls the depth and intensity of the modulation.
Boost or Cut up to 350Hz, and Rate controls the rate of modulation
Boost or Cut the output level up to 2,000Hz
Active and Freeze footswitches
The Active footswitch can be used as a latching or momentary footswitch, and lets you select presets
Press and hold the Freeze footswitch to toggle between Preset Select and Freeze with the latter taking the last bit of your reverb and holding it there as you play over it.
Choose from five otherwordly presets, or up to 127 via MIDI or the Eventide Device Manager, which also lets you configure system settings and download software updates. You can also map any combination of the parameters to an expression pedal by simply setting endpoints for the heel and toe, or use the same EXP socket to set a tap-tempo for the pre-delay. The rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch lets you match impedances with guitar, synths, FX loops, or a DAW interface.
This is a great ambient centrepiece for your pedalboard and ideal for anyone who wants to experiment beyond the realms of normality and get super creative with their sound.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Control the Size from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe
- Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb
- Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon
- When the Freeze button is in Freeze mode, tap this footswitch to instantly access the Feedback’s freeze function
- Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching impedances with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
- Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or tame the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail
- Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb tail in two realms — normal or inverse decay. Create interesting swells or suck the dry signal back into the reverb tail. At longer decay times, Blackhole allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb tail
- Input: 1/4" TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
- Out 1: 1/4" TS Mono / Mono Output
- Out 2: 1/4" TS Mono / Stereo Output
- EXP : 1/4" TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
- Mono/Stereo Switch: Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
- Guitar/Line Level Switch: Optimizes internal gain structure
- Mini USB: Software updates, MIDI I/O
- DC Input Jack: 5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)
- Analog I/O
- Input Impedance: 700k ohms Mono, 990k ohms Stereo
- Max Input, Guitar: +8dBu
- Max Input, Line: +14dBu
- Output Impedance: 220 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10k ohms
- Power: 9V DC @ 200mA / Center Negative (-)
- Dimensions (product): 4" W x 4.25" D x 1.68" H / 102 mm x 108 mm x 43 mm
- Weight (product): 1.06 lb / 0.48 kg
- Dimensions (package): 7.7" W x 4.75" D x 2.8" H / 178 mm x 121 mm x 71 mm
- Weight (package): 1.68 lb / .77 kg