EVH Striped Series 5150, Maple, Red with Black/White Stripes
EVH Striped Series 5150 Overview by GAK:When Eddie Van Halen introduced his famous red, white and black striped 5150® guitar in 1984, he never would have fathomed the thousands of copies it would inspire. But then again, Eddie has made a career of being copied in every which way imaginable. EVH® Gear proudly introduces a new Striped Series 5150 model based on his original instrument, featuring his distinctively striped 5150 motif and single humbucker setup.
The Striped Series 5150 has a basswood body identical to the original, with a bolt-on quartersawn maple neck featuring a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed back finish and “hockey stick” headstock. The fast-playing compound-radius (12”-16”) maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets, black dot inlays and a convenient heel-mounted truss rod adjustment wheel.
The 5150 is also fitted with a custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® alnico 2 Humbucker bridge pickup, delivering the perfect amount of power and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. A custom designed EVH-branded low-friction volume knob provides for unmatched performance and even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells.
Decked out with a rock solid “dive bomb” certified EVH-branded Floyd Rose® bridge, each locking nut tailpiece features fine tuners and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
With its quintessential red 5150 hologram numbers and star decals, the Striped Series 5150 is a high-powered, high-performance machine that’s as kickass to look at as it is to play.
- Body Material: Basswood
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Hi Performance Modified "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Headstock: EVH
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane Gel
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Controls: Master Volume
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna®
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Control Knobs: Black "Speed" Knobs
- Strings: EVH® Branded (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: 3mm, 2.5mm Allen Wrenches Tremolo Arm
No upgrades available