EVH Striped Series Frankie, Maple Fingerboard, Red/White/Black Relic
EVH Striped Series Frankie Overview.
Eddie Van Halen changed guitar playing in the modern era with an explosive style and out of this world playing technique that sent millions of guitarists back to the drawing board to think again. His sound defined a generation and his Frankenstrat is one of the most iconic guitars ever to be made, so unique in style but yet pioneering a whole generation of modded instruments known as the 'Superstrat'.
Widely regarded as the most recognizable electric guitar ever, Eddie Van Halen’s iconic and revered Frankenstein guitar now comes your way with a price tag the everyday musician can afford in the form of the EVH Striped Series Frankie.
Sporting Eddie’s famed red with white-and-black-striped paint job and a worn-in reliced look, the all-new Frankie features a basswood Stratocaster®-style body paired to a graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck. An oiled finish on the back of the neck allows for hours of playing comfort, while the 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets was designed for fast and furious playing styles.
Routed for an HSS pickup configuration just like Eddie’s original, Frankie features an EVH Wolfgang humbucking bridge pickup with a dummy Strat neck pickup and a dummy five-way blade housed in the middle position.
A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger.
Other unique features include a white skirted Strat-style single volume control knob (labeled “tone”), custom black pickguard, reliced chrome hardware, standard strap buttons and EVH neck plate.
EVH Striped Series Frankie Specs:
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Neck Shape: EVH Modified "C" Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Two-Way Adjustable
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking
- Middle Pickup:
- Neck Pickup: Dummy Strat Pickup
- Controls: Dummy Five-Way Blade
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna
- Hardware Finish: Reliced Chrome
- Tuning Machines: EVH Branded Gotoh
- Control Knobs: Parchment Stratocaster-Style Skirt (Labeled "Tone")
- Strings: EVH Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)