Faith FG2HCE Legacy Earth Rosewood
Focusing solely on Patrick James Eggle’s historic acoustic body shapes, our new PJE Legacy Series guitars set a new bar for professional excellence.
Faith FG2 Legacy Series models pair the wonderfully mature aesthetic and tonal character of kiln-aged Sitka Spruce tops with truly stunning highly-figured, book-matched 2-piece Rosewood back and sides. This combination delivers on all fronts, offering exceptional visual beauty and producing a rich, seasoned tone with a bright, articulate charm and bags of clarity.
The Sitka Spruce tops of these guitars have been kiln-aged through a process of torrefaction or torrefication. The Spruce is air dried before being roasted in a kiln with precise controls over atmospheric and oxygen levels to reduce its moisture content. Then as the wood cools, precise amounts of moisture are re-introduced to the wood. The resulting timber is more stable – always good when used as a topwood - and aurally, it produces a rich, mellow tone with a mature voicing which would take perhaps 20 years of waiting to achieve under normal circumstances. Treating Spruce this way has its benefits on the way it looks too with it taking on a golden-caramel colouring that sees this series radiate an authentic, grown-up vibe.
Paired with a range of African Khaya Mahogany and highly-figured, 2-piece Rosewood back and sides, these guitars have real power and depth of tone. They also feature solid high-figure, Flamed Maple bindings, Figured Ebony fingerboards and bridges, and bone nuts, saddles and bridge pins. Also for the first time in Faith Guitars' history – each guitar has a solid Figured Ebony pickguard.
These Faith Legacy models are fitted with Fishman's latest FLEX-BLEND preamp system. Featuring an undersaddle piezo pickup and condensor microphone, greater sound balance is achieved, plus percussive techniques can be fully explored. The preamp features 3 ultra-discreet knobs, a built in tuner, EQ contour control, blend control (Piezo/Mic), and phase control (push to activate). The battery is stored in a special bag located inside the guitar fixed to the neck black, and the jack output is combined with the strap button at the base.
Based on Patrick James Eggle’s ‘Linville’ model, the Earth is a true Orchestra Model (OM) shape and is the newest addition to the Faith family. Although sharing many geometric characteristics with our highly acclaimed Venus shape, the Earth has its own set of distinguishing features that make for a unique tonal palette, plus it is truly unique, having been drawn by Patrick’s own hand.
In true OM fashion, its 15” lower bout is flattened at the base, and at 4.45” deep, its shallow body makes for a comfortable mid-sized guitar.
- Pickguard Macassan Figured Ebony
- Top Wood Torrefied Canadian Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood Solid 2-Piece Rosewood
- Side Wood Solid 2-Piece Rosewood
- Binding Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material Hand-Scalloped Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin
- Neck Joint Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head Grover Rotomatic 18:1 Nickel
- Trussrod 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle Natural Bone
- Nut Width 45mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins Natural Bone
- Finish Type PU Lacquer High Gloss all-over
- Preamp / Pickup Fishman Flex Blend / Condenser Mic
- Hardcase Faith Premium Hardcase Included
- Upper bout 283mm
- Lower bout 383mm
- Depth at neck 93mm
- Depth at base 112mm
- Body Length 487mm
- Soundhole Diameter 100mm
- Scale Length 650mm
- Fingerboard Radius 16 inch