Faith FG5HCE Legacy Earth Orchestra Model Electro Acoustic, Dark Roast
Focusing solely on Patrick James Eggle’s historic acoustic body shapes, our new PJE Legacy Series guitars set a new bar for professional excellence. This Faith PJE Legacy FG5 model is only the second to be granted access to Patrick James Eggle’s sought after ‘Earth’ body shape.
This OM Cutaway design is built from Solid African Mahogany all over, but with the top having gone thru a laborious roasting or ‘torrefaction’ process. The Mahogany is air dried before being roasted in a kiln with precise controls over atmospheric and oxygen levels to reduce its moisture content. Then as the wood cools, precise amounts of moisture are re-introduced to the wood. The resulting timber is more stable – always good when used as a topwood - and aurally, it produces a rich, mellow tone with a mature voicing which would take perhaps 20 years of waiting to achieve under normal circumstances. The Legacy ‘Dark Roast’s’ physical colouration is reflected in its tonal palette too with a luxuriously smooth low-end, pronounced, well-balanced mids, and a treble range with remarkable headroom.
The guitar is then finished with Ebony fittings and a beautifully grained Ebony pickguard. Electronics are courtesy of Fishman’s Flex-T system which incorporates an undersaddle piezo with a condenser mic.
They also feature solid Figured Ebony fingerboards, bindings, bridges, and bone nuts, saddles and bridge pins.
Based on Patrick James Eggle’s ‘Linville’ model, the Earth is a true Orchestra Model (OM) shape and is the newest addition to the Faith family. Although sharing many geometric characteristics with our highly acclaimed Venus shape, the Earth has its own set of distinguishing features that make for a unique tonal palette, plus it is truly unique, having been drawn by Patrick’s own hand.
In true OM fashion, its 15” lower bout is flattened at the base, and at 4.45” deep, its shallow body makes for a comfortable mid-sized guitar.
- Pickguard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Top Wood: Torrefied African Khaya Mahogany
- Back Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Side Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Binding: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Deluxe Vintage
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: Natural Bone
- Nut Width: 45mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Natural Bone
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer High Gloss all-over
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman Flex T-Blend / Condenser Mic
- Hardcase: Faith Premium Hardcase Included
No upgrades available