Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat Classic Copper, Maple
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat Product Overview by GAK
The Deluxe Roadhouse is a versatile guitar from Fender's Stratocaster range.
Featuring three Texas special single coil pickups, an S-1 switch which takes the preamp out of the chain giving you direct Strat tones and an onboard preamp capable of delivering 6 classic strat tones.
You'll also find nickel/chrome hardware and a three-ply black /white / black pickguard along with aged white pickup covers.
The guitar comes in a unique classic copper finish.
Fender Product Overview
With sound and style tough enough to rock a chicken-wire-enclosed stage, the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat is the perfect instrument for tearing it up all night long. Packed with a
Three Vintage Noiseless pickups offer all the clarity and articulation you’ve come to expect from Strat pickups—with no hum. A six-position V6 switch disguised as a tone control and preamp offers 6 extra tonal variations, without compromising the classic, slick look of a Strat. An S-1 switch concealed in the volume control bypasses the preamp for rich, traditional pickup-only sounds. Enjoy smoother travel when using the tremolo bridge, thanks to the modern
Classic aesthetic touches include nickel/chrome hardware and a three-ply black /white / black pickguard, along with aged white pickup covers, control knobs and switch tip. Fusing a near-infinite variety of useful sounds with classic Fender style and upgraded modern components, the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat is the guitar for guitarists who want more from their instrument, at an affordable price.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood or Maple, 12” (305 mm) Radius
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Rosewood
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green or 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat (Bridge), Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat (Middle), Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: The 6-position V6 rotary switch utilizes the onboard preamp to provide 6 distinct tone settings ranging from wiry single-coil to scorching lead. The S-1 Switch bypasses the preamp completely.
- -Master Volume
- -Master 6-Position V6 Rotary Tone Switch
- -Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
Really pleased with my purchase. It looks and sounds great. I really like the feel of the Matt finish on the neck, and the additional sounds from the S1 switch (I'd never used one before) the noisless pickups work a treat. The action of the guitar is fine, however I do get some fret buzz, though I'd guess most guitars will need some pre purchase adjustment. If like me, you have been looking for a slightly higher spec Mexican strat, then I would say go for it.
Mexican Fenders have come along way, they've always offered great value, but over the last few years they have really come on, I bought a Charvel Mexican made and was so impressed I had to check out their other stuff. I tried a Deluxe Nashville Telecaster. WOW!... so I thought why not have a look at its sibling the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat, I was a bit unsure as its got a battery! but fear not, this isn't a screaming active metal thing, its kind of an active EQ rather than a boost, it goes from shimmering highs all the way down to dark lows, very usable, even for my old fashioned preference, it's a great gigging guitar and is built like a tank.. I have to say that to get this quality from an American series you would need to go quite a way up the range.. this is almost a competitor for the elite... I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this guitar to anyone after a decent Strat, its got vintage noiseless pickups too.. IMO the best noiseless they have ever made, they're OEM on American Deluxe Strats (or were).. 2 point trem that works, 12" radius for blues bends across the universe... American Locking tuners .. again the best they make...Get one today!
Only drawback to this guitar, personally, is that it takes a while to screw in/take out tremolo bar, and only one tight setting which is what I prefer (ie,... compared to G&L, which has a variable tightness setting).