Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat Olympic White, Maple
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat Olympic White, Maple, Overview by GAK
With sound and style tough enough to rock a chicken-wire-enclosed stage, the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat is the perfect instrument for tearing it up all night long. Packed with a wide- ranging variety of tones, ranging from tough, wiry single-coil spank to a high-output sound that’s perfect for searing leads, this guitar is versatile enough to handle anything you throw at it with style. It’s the perfect instrument for a performer who demands sonic flexibility and the ability to easily switch sounds at the drop of a hat.
Three Vintage Noiseless pickups offer all the clarity and articulation you’ve come to expect from Strat pickups—with no hum. A six-position V6 switch disguised as a tone control and preamp offers 6 extra tonal variations, without compromising the classic, slick look of a Strat. An S-1 switch concealed in the volume control bypasses the preamp for rich, traditional pickup-only sounds. Enjoy smoother travel when using the tremolo bridge, thanks to the modern two- point synchronized design, which includes bent steel saddles for classic aesthetics. A contoured neck heel and 4-bolt asymmetrical neck plate make it easy to comfortably reach the upper registers of the neck. The flatter 12"-radius fingerboard makes it easy to play fast leads and perform deep bends without fretting out. Locking short-post tuning machines provide increased break angle at the nut for buzz-free playing and enhanced tuning stability, along with quicker string changes.
Classic aesthetic touches include nickel/chrome hardware and a three-ply mint green pickguard or Black/White/Black, along with aged white pickup covers, control knobs and switch tip. Fusing a near-infinite variety of useful sounds with classic Fender style and upgraded modern components, the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat is the guitar for guitarists who want more from their instrument, at an affordable price.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood or Maple, 12” (305 mm) Radius
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Rosewood
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green or 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat (Bridge), Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat (Middle), Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: The 6-position V6 rotary switch utilizes the onboard preamp to provide 6 distinct tone settings ranging from wiry single-coil to scorching lead. The S-1 Switch bypasses the preamp completely.
- -Master Volume
- -Master 6-Position V6 Rotary Tone Switch
- -Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
Absolute joy to play sounds great.. my only small moan is it’s more of a cream than a white the promo photos from fender show a lot more whiter but it’s still lovely to have.
It’s great, but ‘Olympic White’ is also apparently known unofficially as ‘Hendrix White’, and it’s more of a custard yellow - the colours in the pictures don’t ‘translate’ well. Nice bit ok kit, though.
Quality guitar, setup was spot on. I love the noiseless pickups. The only thing which lets it down is the S1 switch as it seems pointless and makes very very little change to the tone.
Excellent guitar - good Strat sound - Was originally looking for an American standard - but then checked this out - I love the string lockers and the S1/V6 controls - gives a great range of sounds. Personally I couldn't find anything wrong with the guitar that would make we want to change for an American Strat - and certainly great value for money.