Fender Classic Player '50s Stratocaster (Shoreline Gold)
Fender Classic Player 50s Stratocaster (Shoreline Gold) Overview by GAK
The Classic Player '50s Stratocaster combines classic design with contemporary upgrades appealing to guitarists everywhere at all levels. Designed by Fender Custom Shop Master Builder Dennis Galuszka, it offers the best of yesterday and today with original-era Strat® style and terrific features such as sparkling American Vintage pickups with modern switching, the comfortable feel of a 1950s neck topped by a modern fingerboard and frets, classic two-point synchronized tremolo bridge and much more.
Featuring a Maple neck with 1950s-era “soft V” profile, 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets, Three American Vintage single-coil Stratocaster pickups with reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup (cancels hum in middle switch position), Five-way pickup switch, Two-point synchronized tremolo bridge, Vintage-style locking tuners
9.5" FINGERBOARD RADIUS
The fingerboard radius is an important spec that describes the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard. This instrument’s modern 9.5" fingerboard radius is slightly more flattened than a vintage-style radius, but still with enough arc to provide a natural and notably comfortable fretting-hand feel, and to make bending notes easier.
ORIGINAL ’57/’62 STRAT® PICKUPS
Reverse-engineered from a 1963 Stratocaster, these pickups deliver vintage-style Strat sound, feel and vibe, with sparkling highs and warm lows. Alnico 5 magnets add more focus and enhanced dynamics, Formvar magnet wire adds brightness and glassiness, and staggered hand-beveled pole pieces balance output across every string.
Get authentic original-era style and reliable modern performance from the upgraded two-point synchronized tremolo bridge on this Stratocaster, which features vintage-style stamped steel saddles.
"SOFT V" NECK PROFILE
The "soft V" neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) on this instrument has a distinctly comfortable fretting-hand feel that takes the more pronounced sharpness of a ’50s "V" profile and "softens" it into a somewhat more rounded shape. Ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.
VINTAGE-STYLE LOCKING TUNERS
These tuners give you the best of the old and the new by combining classic vintage-style appearance with the modern convenience of locking functionality that increases tuning stability and makes string changing notably easier.
FENDER CUSTOM SHOP DESIGNED
As if this instrument’s innate coolness and terrific features aren’t enough, it’s also designed by the acclaimed master builders of the Fender Custom Shop.
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Soft V Shape (Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5 Radius (241 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 American Vintage Strat Single-Coil Pickups with Staggered, Alnico 5 Magnet Pole Pieces, Aged Covers and the Middle Pickup Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity for Hum Canceling in the Middle Switch Position
- -Master Volume,
- -Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
- -Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- 5-Position Pickup Switching Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Vintage Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Stamped Solid Steel Saddles and Milled Solid Steel Block
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style Locking Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 25.5 (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650 (42 mm)
- Unique Features:
- -Aged Knobs and Switch Tip,
- -Vintage Style Locking Tuning Machines,
- -Custom Shop Designed Neck Plate,
- -Vintage Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo,
- -9.5 Radius
- Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel,
- Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag