Fender 60th Anniversary '60s Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Arctic Pearl
Fender 60th Anniversary '60s Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Arctic Pearl Overview.
Fender basses changed music forever with the introduction of the electric bass, first with the revolutionary Precision Bass and then again in 1960 with the Jazz Bass.
Following the P Bass was no easy task. With its new stylish and comfortable offset body, versatile dual pickup setup and playable slim neck profile, the Jazz Bass took Fender forward into the sixties. It would go on to become one of the most widely used instruments of all time – featuring on classic recordings from jazz, funk, soul, and blues to classic rock and heavy metal.
Sixty years later, we’re proud to celebrate that timeless design with a limited run Jazz Bass that captures the touch, tone and magic of the original.
The 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass honors and elevates the original design. Two Pure Vintage ‘62 pickups deliver the bell-clear highs and deep, musical low-end that make the J-Bass a staple for any genre. A pair of concentric volume and tone controls allow complete command over the blend and character of each pickup – a feature first found on the very earliest J-Bass models from 1960 to 1962. Other features include an alder body and maple neck with a bound rosewood fingerboard, bone nut, vintage-correct 7.25” radius, vintage tall frets, and a fast and comfortable 60’s “U” profile. The lacquer finish in Arctic Pearl is complemented by the tortoiseshell pickguard, white binding on the neck and matching headcap, making the 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass an unforgettable modern classic. Also included are a deluxe vintage- style case with 60th anniversary embroidery and certificate of authenticity.
Available in limited quantities for 2020 only.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape '60s "U"
- Scale Length 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Frets Size Vintage Tall
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays White Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck Pickup Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching None
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs Knurled Dome-Style
- Strings Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (Gauges .045 - .105)