Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb
Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb Product Overview by GAK
The '68 custom Princeton Reverb from Fender takes a vintage amplifier and drags into the modern age. It still has that classic Fender tone and look, but the modified tone circuit is perfect for modern players.
The amp's reduced negative feedback helps to provide improved touch sensitive and more responsive overdrive. Their is a single 10" TEN 30 speaker on board for that classic Rock and Roll sound.
Looks wise the amp has a silver and turquoise front panel combined with an aluminium grille clothe trim.
Fender Product Overview
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminium "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Princeton Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the perfect recording and gigging amp. Small, light and moderately powered, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Princeton Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silverface" amps. In a special twist, a modified tone circuit gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals, and the amp's reduced negative feedback gives greater touch sensitivity and quicker onset of overdrive. The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb's single 10" Celestion TEN 30 speaker also delivers a more distinctively rock 'n' roll flavour.
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Wattage: 12 Watts
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: One
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4)
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Handle: Moulded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Silverface™ Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 19.875" (50.5 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 34 lbs. (15.7 kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: One - 10" Celestion® TEN 30
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes® - (3 x 12AX7), (1 x 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes® - (2 x 6V6)
- Unique Features:
- -Modified Princeton Reverb circuit with all-tube circuitry
- -Hand-wired tube sockets
- -Custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals)
- -Genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb
- -Genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato")
- -1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included