Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster Maple Fingerboard, Blackguard Blonde
Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster Overview.
Arguably the guitar that started it all the Fender Broadcaster was the pioneer for blueprint of the electric guitar design as we know it today, for 2020 Fender have commemorated the anniversary of this truly iconic guitar with the Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster in Blackguard Blonde, this is a limited model so don't miss out!
In the fall of 1950, the world of guitar and popular music changed forever with the introduction of the Broadcaster, Fender’s first solid body electric guitar with a truss rod and two pickups. A few short months later, a telegram from Gretsch, owner of the BroadKaster® trademark, ended Fender’s use of the name. For a short time, the word Broadcaster was simply clipped off the headstock decal - these guitars are known as Nocasters. Thereafter, this revolutionary guitar was dubbed the Telecaster. Original Broadcaster models, of which only 250 are thought to have been produced, have become highly collectible.
The Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster celebrates the remarkable origins of one of Fender’s most iconic models. Features include an ash body with Blackguard Blonde lacquer finish, period-correct black phenolic pickguard, thick U-shaped neck, Custom Shop-designed Original Blackguard pickups, special anniversary neck plate, embroidered case and a custom COA. The controls are wired for standard Telecaster operation, while an optional original Broadcaster wiring kit, included in the case, can be installed to replicate the unique blend circuit used in original Broadcasters. Production of the 70th Anniversary Broadcaster will be limited to 2020 only.
Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster Specs:
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: 1 Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitro
- Neck Shape: 50s Broadcaster U
- Scale Length: 25.5 (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25 (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.630 (41.4mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Middle Pickup:
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell