Fender American Acoustasonic Jazzmaster Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Arctic White
Overview by GAK
The Fender Acoustasonic Jazzmaster joins the Stratocaster and Telecaster models in this range, allowing you to get the best of both worlds - combining the resonance and warmth of a hollow-body with the playability and tonal options of an electric guitar. The Acoustasonic range has features that were specially designed for these guitars, and are available in a range of finishes.
The Acoustasonic Jazzmaster has a mahogany hollow body with a sleek polyester satin matte finish and has a patent-pending Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS) soundhole with inlaid top, which delivers a loud, natural voice and harmonics thanks to its unique ‘waterfall’ design. The neck is also made from mahogany with a ‘Deep C’ profile which has the playability and comfort of an electric guitar, and a satin finish for a smooth experience, and is topped with a durable 22-fret ebony fretboard.
The hollow body greatly improves the acoustic side of the guitar as it’s naturally resonant and improves projection, and the patented Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS) soundhole has a ‘waterfall’ design and inlaid top, creating a naturally loud voice and vibrant harmonics as well as contributing to the acoustic look.
The Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster has a three-pickup system that takes advantage of the natural tones of the wood. It has a Fishman under-saddle piezo which enhances the natural acoustic sound, there’s a body-sending pickup that brings out the natural resonance and harmonic frequencies of the wood, then there’s a Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless Magnetic pickup which is designed to enhance the electric voicings, delivering a hum-free tone. Combined, these features make sure you get the very best sound from your guitar.
The Fender and Fishman-designed acoustic engine has a curated collection of acoustic and electric voices, while the Mod control knob lets you blend two voices together, giving you a huge range of tonal options, making the Fender Acoustasonic Jazzmaster incredibly versatile. The acoustic voicings sound best when played through an acoustic amp or a preamp straight into a recording device.
To complete the Fender Acoustasonic Jazzmaster is a Graph Tech TUSQ nut, a Modern Asymmetrical bridge, chrome hardware, and classic Arctic White finish
Deluxe gig bag included.
- Model Name: American Acoustasonic® Jazzmaster®, Arctic White, Ebony Fingerboard
- Model #: 0972313280
- Series: American Acoustasonic®
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Arctic White
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Polyester Satin Matte
- Body Shape: Modified Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ®
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex™
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen)
- Controls: Master Volume, "Mod" Knob, 5-Way Switch
- Bridge: Modern Asymmetrical
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: None
- Strings: Fender® Dura-Tone® 860CL Coated Phosphor Bronze (.011-.052 Gauges), PN 0730860405
- Dimensions: 6.80x14.40x45.20 IN
- Weight: 14.40 LB