Fender American Acoustasonic Stratocaster Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Black
Overview by GAK
The Fender Acoustasonic Stratocaster allows you to get the best of both worlds - combining the resonance and projection of a hollow-body with the playability and tonal options of an electric guitar. The Acoustasonic range has specific premium features that were specially designed for these guitars, and are available in a range of finishes.
The Acoustasonic Stratocaster has a mahogany hollow body with a sleek polyester satin matte finish and has a patented Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS) soundhole, which delivers a loud, natural voice and harmonics thanks to its unique ‘waterfall’ design. The neck is also made from mahogany with a ‘Deep C’ profile which has the playability and comfort of an electric guitar, and a satin finish for a smooth experience, and is topped with a durable 22-fret ebony fretboard.
The hollow body greatly improves the acoustic aspect of the guitar as this body style is naturally resonant and improves projection, and the patented Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS) soundhole has a ‘waterfall’ design, creating a naturally loud voice and vibrant harmonics.
The Fender Acoustasonic Stratocaster has a three-pickup system to get the most from the natural tones of the guitar. It has a Fishman under-saddle piezo which enhances the natural acoustic sound, there’s a body-sending pickup that brings out the natural resonance and harmonic frequencies of the wood, and there’s a Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless Magnetic pickup which is designed to enhance the electric voicings, delivering a hum-free tone. Combined, these features make sure you get the very best sound from your guitar.
The Fender and Fishman-designed acoustic engine provides a newly-curated collection of 7 different acoustic voicings, an acoustic-electric blend, and two full electric voicings, and the Mod knob lets you blend two voices, making the Fender Acoustasonic Stratocaster incredibly versatile and giving you full control over the nuances of your sound. The acoustic voicings work best when played through an acoustic amp, or a preamp straight into a recording device.
To complete the Fender Acoustasonic Stratocaster is a Graph Tech TUSQ nut, a Modern Asymmetrical bridge, chrome hardware, and a sleek Black finish.
Deluxe gig bag included.
- Model Name: American Acoustasonic® Strat®, Ebony Fingerboard, Black
- Model: #0972023206
- Series: American Acoustasonic®
- Country Of Origin: US
- Colour: Black
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Polyester Satin Matte
- Body Shape: Modified Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ®
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex™
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen)
- Controls: Master Volume, "Mod" Knob, 5-Way Switch
- Bridge: Modern Asymmetrical
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard; None
- Strings: Fender® Dura-Tone® 860CL Coated Phosphor Bronze (.011-.052 Gauges), PN 0730860405
- Dimensions: 6.80x17.20x45.20 IN
- Weight: 14.40 LB
Simply the best yet. Awesome guitar
incredible guitar. love itto bits!