Fender American Elite Jazz Bass V, Maple Fingerboard, Satin Ice Blue Metallic
Fender American Elite Jazz Bass V, Maple Fingerboard, Satin Ice Blue Metallic Overview.
Packed to the gills with our latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass V is an active 5-string bass for the modern bassist who demands cutting-edge tone technology along with timeless style and fast, smooth playing feel. Its versatile sound easily matches any playing style—picked, plucked or slap-and-pop—while its standout looks remain authentically Fender, with a fresh twist.
With the fourth-generation Noiseless pickups we’ve achieved the sonic equivalent of cold fusion—vintage-style response with completely noise-free performance. These muscular pickups are fueled by a robust 18-volt preamp that cranks up the power for even more signal quality for chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise. Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound-profile neck with a 9.5”-14” compound-radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape at the new genuine bone nut, the profile morphs along the length of the neck to a modern “D”-shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting temperature- and humidity-induced warping. The HiMass™ Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous basslines with colossal punch and boundless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. In a vintage-inspired touch, the truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.
This bass is packed with Fender’s immortal aesthetics—from the ergonomic contours to the black chrome headstock logo, large pearloid fret markers and new colors this instrument will pin the audience’s ears back with its gigantic tone and slick style. The American Elite Jazz Bass V is a bold bass for adventurous bassists who need a tonal multi-tool that refuses to compromise on any front. Includes an Elite Molded Case with body-hugging contours to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument and TSA locks.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Satin Polyurethane
- Body Shape Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
- Scale Length 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" to 14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Frets Size Medium Jumbo
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods Dual-Action
- Bridge Pickup 4th Generation Noiseless™
- Neck Pickup 4th Generation Noiseless™
- Controls Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Pickup Switching 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode. In Passive Mode, Only The Volume, Pan and Passive Tone Controls Function. In Active Mode, All Controls Function.
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 5-Saddle Hi Mass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings Fender® USA NPS, (.45-.125 Gauges)