Fender American Original '50s Stratocaster White Blonde
Fender American Original '50s Stratocaster White Blonde Overview by GAK
Rather than focussing on specific model years, the American Originals have cherry picked a number of features from across a certain decade and combined this with modern features such as a 9.5" Radius on the Fretboard, and 6105 style Tall Vintage frets for a lower action that won't fret-out on bends.
This Vintage Modern approach combines classic old school features like thin skin Nitrocellulose Lacquer and meticulously reproduced period correct pickups with some modern electronics and neck profiles.
When Fender released the Stratocaster in 1954, they didn’t set out to create a classic-but they did. The Stratocaster’s sleek style, articulate sound and plethora of innovations redefined electric guitar and opened up a brave new world of musical possibilities. The American Original ‘50s Stratocaster maintains Fender’s legendary original-era style and ground-breaking tone, while adding modern feel and pickup switching.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage ‘59 single-coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the Formvar-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The thick “Soft V” neck profile is perfect for chording, while the 9.5”-radius fingerboard enhances playability. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a six- point synchronized tremolo bridge-vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally, it also ages in a distinctively appealing way.
The American Original ‘50s Stratocaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender a household name among guitarists.
- Body: Ash (Aged White Blonde), Alder (2 Colour Sunburst & Black)
- Body Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Thick Soft "V" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Tall Vintage
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: New American Vintage '56 Strat® Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Middle Pickup: New American Vintage '56 Strat® Single-Coil Pickup (Middle)
- Neck Pickup: New American Vintage '56 Strat® Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- -Master Volume
- -Tone 1. (Neck Pickup)
- -Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Mid-'56 thick maple neck with soft "V" profile and comfortably rolled edges- one of the most popular Fender neck styles ever
- -All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound
- -Vintage-accurate bridge saddles and tuner spacing
- Case: New Deluxe Vintage Tweed Case Included
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: New White Strat®
- -Owner's Manual
- -Saddle Height Wrench
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.