Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass Candy Apple Red
Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass Candy Apple Red Overview by GAK
Rather than focussing on specific model years, the American Originals have cherry picked a number of features from across a certain decade and combined this with modern features such as a 9.5" Radius on the Fretboard, and 6105 style Tall Vintage frets for a lower action that won't fret-out on bends.
This Vintage Modern approach combines classic old school features like thin skin Nitrocellulose Lacquer and meticulously reproduced period correct pickups with some modern electronics and neck profiles.
Released in 1960, the upscale Jazz Bass quickly found favor among working bassists thanks to its premium appointments and versatile sound. The narrower neck seemed tailor-made for fast, dexterous playing, while the pair of single-coil pickups added a bold new dimension to Fender bass tone. The American Original ‘60s Jazz Bass has all the tone and style of its earliest incarnation, with modern playability.
The Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth- covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. There’s no mistaking the sound of these pickups—from a deep growl to articulate punch, they are the voice of this legendary bass. The slim “’60s C”-shaped neck profile and 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard combine for an agile playing feel. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage- style hardware—including a four-saddle vintage- style bridge—vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
An inspiring instrument, the American Original ’60s Jazz Bass is the best way to add original-era Fender tone and style to your sound.
- Height: 6.5
- Length: 50.5
- Volume: 3.419
- Weight: 37.0
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Blonde (Orange Interior)
- Strings: Fender® USA Super Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '64 Jazz Bass®
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass with Threaded Steel "Barrel" Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: New American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fretboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fret Size: Tall Vintage-Style
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.48" (37.59 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted