Fender American Original '60s Stratocaster Candy Apple Red
Fender American Original '60s Stratocaster Candy Apple Red Overview by GAK
Rather than focussing on specific model years, the American Originals have cherry picked a number of features from across a certain decade and combined this with modern features such as a 9.5" Radius on the Fretboard, and 6105 style Tall Vintage frets for a lower action that won't fret-out on bends.
This Vintage Modern approach combines classic old school features like thin skin Nitrocellulose Lacquer and meticulously reproduced period correct pickups with some modern electronics and neck profiles.
A period of change, both for Fender and for pop culture as a whole, the 1960s saw the Strat mellow slightly as it grew up. The white pickguard was updated to mint green, and the fingerboard was switched from the original maple to rosewood, adding a smoother note to the Strat’s clear, articulate voice. The American Original ‘60s Stratocaster keeps these refinements intact while adding modern feel and pickup switching to the iconic instrument that helped birth guitar rock as we know it.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage ‘65 single-coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The thick “’60s C” neck profile and the 9.5”-radius fingerboard enhances playability. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage- style hardware-including a six-point synchronized tremolo bridge- vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also ages in a distinctively appealing way.
The American Original ‘60s Stratocaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the choice of legends.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "D" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Tall Vintage Style Frets
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- -Master Volume
- -Tone 1. (Neck Pickup)
- -Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- -All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound
- -Vintage-accurate bridge saddles and tuner spacing
- Case: New Deluxe Vintage Brown Case Included
- Control Knobs: New Aged White Strat®
- -Saddle Height Wrench