Fender American Original '60s Telecaster 3 Tone Sunburst
Fender Product Overview
Rather than focussing on specific model years, the American Original cherry-picked a number of features from across a certain decade and combined this with modern features such as a 9.5" Radius on the Fretboard, and 6105 style Tall Vintage frets for a lower action that won't fret-out on bends.
This Vintage Modern approach combines classic old school features like thin skin Nitrocellulose Lacquer and meticulously reproduced period correct pickups with some modern electronics and neck profiles.
One of the most versatile guitars ever created, the Telecaster is easily at home in any genre, thanks to its flexible sound, alluring style and smooth playing feel. In 1960, we offered rosewood as the standard fingerboard wood and launched the Telecaster Custom, an elegant model with a double-bound body and 3-ply pickguard. The American Original ‘60s Telecaster combines period-accurate sound and style from this electrifying decade with modern, fast-playing feel and pickup switching.
The Pure Vintage ’64 single-coil Telecaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The bridge pickup’s copper shielding plate adds some zing to your tone, while the pole pieces are staggered for balanced volume between the strings. The mid-‘60s “C”-shaped neck profile gracefully fills the fret hand, while the 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard will feel familiar to any player. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage- style hardware—including three steel saddles— vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
A legendary instrument, the American Original ‘60s Telecaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the foundation of modern music.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Tall Vintage Style Frets
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fretboard: Round Laminated Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: New American Vintage '64 Gray-Bottom Tele® Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: New American Vintage '64 Gray-Bottom Tele® Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Original Vintage Style Tele® Bridge with 3 Threaded Steel Saddles
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Switch Tip: "Top Hat" Style Switch Tip
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Threaded steel "barrel" bridge saddles
- -"Top-hat" switch tip and flat-top knurled chrome control knobs
- Case/Gig Bag: New Deluxe Vintage Brown Case
- Pickguards: 3-Ply White with Vintage Bevel
- Control Knobs: New Knurled Chrome Flat Top
- Included Accessories:
- -Saddle Height Wrench
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year